Human Rib-P Ab ELISA kit is a protocol designed for in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgG auto-antibodies to ribosomal P (Rib-P Ab, anti-RPP, anti-ribosomal P, anti Rib-P) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Targets to antibodies to ribosomal proteins (Rib-P Ab, anti-Rib-P, Anti-RPP, ) are particular important for the differential diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). There appear to be three highly conserved phosphorylated proteins (P proteins) which are present on the 60S subunit of ribosomes, these are designated P0, P1 and P2 and exhibit molecular weights of 35, 19, and 17 kD respectively.
The following ribosomal P ELISA kit is intended for various types of diagnostic applications. P proteins were first discovered on ribosomes in the cytoplasm and later studies have identified have epitopes which are able to be recognised by anti-ribosomal P protein antibodies present on on the surface of neuronal, activated T cells and hepatoma. Some studies have even indicated that these three antibodies (P0, P1, P2) have the ability to serve as markers for specific disease manifestations (such as hepatitis and CNS disease). The measurement of antibodies against ribosomal P proteins can be a vital diagnostic tool in the differential diagnosis of SLE (in particular where typical SLE antibodies are absent).
RIP-P AB ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, Highly purified ribosomal P (Rib-P) is bound to microwells.
- Calibrators (A-F): Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up from anti Rib-P in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Controls Positive and Control Negative: Containing human ribosomal P .
- Sample buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains polyclonal rabbit anti-human IgG; labelled with horseradish peroxidase.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Solution (50x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-ribosomal P protein IgG auto-antibodies (anti-RPP, RIP-P Ab, anti Rib-P) using current ribosomal P ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Technical and clinical evaluation of anti-ribosomal P protein immunoassays. J Clin Lab Anal. (2004) 18 (4): 215-23. Mahler M., et al.
- Anti-ribosomal P protein: a novel antibody in autoimmune hepatitis. Liver Int. (2013) 33 (6): 909-13. Calich A.L., et al.
- The clinical utility of anti-ribosomal P autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus. Expert Rev Clin Immunol. (2014) 10 (11): 1493-503. Review. Pasoto S.G., et al.
- Anti-ribosomal P protein IgG autoantibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: diagnostic performance and clinical profile. BMC Med. (2013) 11: 98. Carmona-Fernandes D., et al.
- Anti-ribosomal-P antibodies in lupus patients and healthy controls: evaluation of three ELISA assays. Isr Med Assoc J. (2009) 11 (7): 403-6. Agmon-Levin N., et al.
- Full Name: Rip-P Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml