Human RSV IgA ELISA kit is intended for determining in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgA antibodies against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV IgA) in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.7 U/ml.
Respiratory-syncytial virus (RSV) is a syncytial virus that is responsible for causing infections of the respiratory tract and lungs. It is a single stranded, negative sense RNA virus which belongs to the Pneumoviridae family. Human RSV is an approx. 120–200 nm enveloped virus which contains a linear negative-sense RNA genome and a lipoprotein coat. There are four viral genes which code for intracellular proteins that are involved in processes such as replication, transcription and particle budding. These are called matrix protein (M), “large” protein (L), Nucleoprotein (N) and phosphoprotein (P). The genome itself is about 15,000 nucleotides in length and is made up of single stranded RNA (displaying negative polarity) and it contains 10 genes in total which encode 11 proteins. RSV is mainly transmitted through large droplets and also by secretions from contact with any infected people. The virus has an incubation period of 3-5 days before the symptoms begin to appear. ELISA assay have played important role for the serological diagnosis of RSV infections because of their sensitivities, specificities and the ability to allow differentiation of antigens into the various immunoglobulin classes.
RSV IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- RSV antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
- Calibrators (A-D): Negative, Cut-Off, Weak Positive and Positive Controls.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA antibodies to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV IgA) using current human RSV-IgA ELISA kit was 1.7 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– RSV ELISA: IgA
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 10.1 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 6.8 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 1.0 – 8.7 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.70 U/mL
– Recovery: 89 – 129 %
– Linearity: 87 – 126 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Parainfluenza 1/2/3, Adenovirus and Influenza A.
– Interferences: No interferences to hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL, triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL and bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 86 %
- Association between pronounced IgA response in RSV bronchiolitis and development of allergic sensitization. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. (1997) 8 (1): 1-6. Strannegård O., et al.
- Vaccination with the RSV fusion protein formulated with a combination adjuvant induces long-lasting protective immunity. J Gen Virol. (2014) 95 (Pt 5): 1043-54. Garg R., et al.
- A single intranasal immunization with a subunit vaccine formulation induces higher mucosal IgA production than live respiratory-syncytial virus. Virology. (2016) 499: 288-297. Garg R., et al.
- Immunoglobulin A antibody response to respiratory-syncytial virus structural proteins in colostrum and milk. J Clin Microbiol. (1989) 27 (9): 1949-51. Tsutsumi H., et al.
- Full Name: Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.7 U/ml