Human metanephrine plasma ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of metadrenaline (free metanephrine) in human plasma (EDTA, citrate) samples. This assay has a minimum detection level of 17.0 pg/ml.
Metanephrine (also called metadrenaline) is formed by the action of catechol-O-methyl transferase on epinephrine and it is a metabolite of adrenaline (epinephrine). These molecules are classified has hormones which are called catecholamines, they can be released into the blood in response to either emotional or physical stress. They are helpful in the regulation of blood pressure and flow throughout the body.
Since pheochromocytomas or paragangliomas are producing these hormones in excess, the determination of their levels in blood and/or urine can be helpful in detecting this tumor. Occasionally, plasma free metanephrines test may be used when an adrenal tumor is detected incidentally or for asymptomatic person with a known genetic risk of these tumors. Using the blood testing method is useful with individuals having persistent hypertension or those experiencing sudden burst (paroxysm) of hypertension.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Adhesive Foil.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Metanephrine Microtiter Strips: Antigen pre-coated microwell plate.
- Antiserum: rabbit anti-metanephrine antibody.
- Standards (A-F): Concentrations 0, 36, 120, 360, 1,200, 3,600 pg/ml.
- Controls (1+2).
- Adjustment Buffer.
- Assay Buffer.
- Acylation Concentrate.
- Extraction Plate: Pre-coated with ion-exchanger.
- Cleaning Concentrate (25x Conc.).
- Elution Buffer.
- Equalizing-Reagent: Human serum, negative for HIV I/II, HBsAg and HCV.
The minimum sensitivity limit of human free metanephrine or metadrenaline using current metanephrine plasma ELISA kit was approximately 17.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 36.0 – 3,600 pg/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: LOD (14.9 pg/ml) and LOQ (15.1 pg/ml).
– Analytical Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Derivatized Metanephrine (100%), Derivatized Normetanephrine (0.05%), 3-Methoxytyramine, Adrenaline, Noradrenaline, Dopamine, Vanillic mandelic acid, Homovanillic acid, L-DOPA, L-Tyrosin, Tyramine, Normetanephrine, Acetaminophen (< 0.01%).
– Intra Assay Precision: 9.2 – 13.5%
– Inter Assay Precision: 7.5 – 17.6%
– Linearity: 102 – 124%
– Recovery: 80 – 99%
- Choice of biochemical test for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma: validation of plasma-metanephrines. Curr Hypertens Rep. (2002) 4 (3): 250-5. Review. Eisenhofer G., et al.
- Diagnosis of endocrine disease: Biochemical diagnosis of phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Eur J Endocrinol. (2014) 170 (3): R109-19. Review. van Berkel A., et al.
- Utility of plasma free metanephrines in diagnosis of factitious pheochromocytoma. Endocr Pract. (2006) 12 (5): 568-71. Chidakel A.R., et al.
- Sources and significance of plasma levels of catechols and their metabolites in humans. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. (2003) 305 (3): 800-11. Review. Goldstein D.S., et al.
- Full Name: Metanephrine Plasma ELISA Kit (Metadrenaline)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma (Citrate, EDTA)
- Sensitivity: 17.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Normetanephrine Plasma ELISA Kit
- Nephrines Plasma ELISA Kit
- 2-CAT (Adrenaline/Noradrenaline) ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields