Full Name: Macadamia Nut ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Food (Sausage, Cereals, Cookies, Ice Cream, Chocolate)
Sensitivity: 0.1 ppm
Macadamia nuts are members of the Proteaceae family of plants and has a natural whole food specifically contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are able provide significant health-boosting potential. They are a native of the Australian bush. The high levels of magnesium it contains can help to prevent or regulate high blood pressure. Potassium helps regulate water intake and potassium can also provide elasticity to blood vessels, which may decrease the risk for developing heart disease and stroke. Manganese has been known as an important nutrient as it is a co-factor in several enzyme systems such as the reduction division system (i.e., catalase).
Another reason why it is beneficial is the fact that it contains amino acid l-arginine and this offers many vascular benefits to coronary heart disease patients. Some of the protein fractions in macadamia nut are known for being allergenic, these nut allergies are relatively seldom even though they can be very distinct in specific cases. However, the oil present is thought to be more allergenic and potent when it comes to allergic reactions. The oils present are not necessarily classified as being allergenic because they are mostly polyunsaturated fatty acids. which is not typically allergenic.
Macadamia nut ELISA kit can be used for analysing quantitative levels of macadamia nuts and their residues present in foods (for example cookies, chocolate, cereals, sausage and ice cream). This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.1 ppm.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-macadamia antibodies.
- Macadamia nut Standards 1-5: Concentration 0, 1, 4, 10, 40 ppm.
- Conjugate (Anti-Macadamia Nut-Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution (1 N acidic solution).
- Extraction and sample dilution buffer (TRIS)(10x).
- Washing Solution (PBS + Tween 20)(10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of residues of macadamia nut using current macadamia nut ELISA kit was 0.1 ppm. The standard range for this assay is 1.0 – 40.0 ppm.
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (0.1ppm), Limit of quantification, LOQ (1.0ppm)
– Intra-Assay Precision: 2 – 5%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 3 – 6%
– Linearity: 101 – 108%
– Cross Reactivity: Walnut (0.0010%), Hazelnut (0.0002%). No cross reaction was detected for the following: Almond, Corn, Peach, Apricot, Cow’ milk, Peanut, Barley, Crab (cooked) Pecan, Bean (white), Crab, rob, Pine seed, Beef, Cress, Pistachio, Bovine gelatine, Egg, Plum, Brazil nut, Egg white powder, Poppy seed, Buckwheat, Ewe’s milk, Pork, Carob gum, Fish gelatine, Potato, Carrot, Gliadin, Pumpkin seed, Cashew, Goat’s milk, Rice, Celery, Guar gum, Rye, Cherry, Isinglass, Saccharose, Chervil, Kiwi, Sesame, Chestnut, Lamb, Soy, Chicken, Lentil, Soy lecithin, Chickpea, Lupin, Sunfl. Seeds, Cocoa, Mustard, Tofu, Coconut, Oats, Tomato, Cod, Pea, Wheat.
– Recovery: Cookies (106%), Cornflakes (104%), Sausage (101%), Ice-cream (92%), Chocolate (83%).
- Allergy to macadamia-nut. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. (2000) 85 (5): 385-6. Pallares D.E.
- Macadamia nut consumption modulates favourably risk factors for coronary artery disease in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Lipids. (2007) 42 (6): 583-7. Garg M.L., et al.
- Serum lipid effects of a high-monounsaturated fat diet based on macadamia_nuts. Arch Intern Med. (2000) 160 (8): 1154-8. Curb J.D., et al.
- Macadamia nut allergy: 2 case reports and a review of the literature. Acta Clin Belg. (2010) 65 (2): 129-32. Review. De Knop K.J., et al.
- A macadamia nut-rich diet reduces total and LDL-cholesterol in mildly hypercholesterolemic men and women. J Nutr. (2008) 138 (4): 761-7. Griel A.E., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields