Full Name: Hyaluronic Acid ELISA Kit (HA)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.938 ng/ml
Hyaluronic acid is a crucial for the hydration, lubrication and cell signalling of tissues. It is a repeating linear polysaccharide made up of glucuronic acid and N-acetylglucosamine units. Depending on the source and method of isolation, the molecular weight might range from a few kilodaltons to several million Daltons. Due to its capacity to absorb water and preserve tissue hydration, it solidifies into a thick, gel-like substance in solution. It is also found in the vitreous humor of the eye, forming a protective gel which reduces friction between the lens and retina. Many drugs, dietary supplements and cosmetics contain HA as a primary ingredient.
Hyaluronic acid improves skin elasticity and strength by reducing wrinkles and provides moisture to dry skin. It can even help heal wounds by promoting the production of collagen. After being injected into the dermis, HA slowly dissolves due to its solubility limit at a molecular weight of 10 kDa (10 × 1024 daltons). It forms large polymeric chains that bind together with water to form a gel-like substance.
Human hyaluronic acid ELISA kit is intended for measuring concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) using human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and various other biological samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-HA antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following hyaluronic acid it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 1.53, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.938 ng/ml
Range: 1.563 – 100 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for HA, no cross reactivity or interference between HA and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 101%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Hyaluronic acid and wound healing. Neuman M.G., et al. J Pharm Pharm Sci. (2015) 18 (1): 53-60.
- Advances in Hyaluronic-Acid-Based (Nano)Devices for Cancer Therapy. Macromol Biosci. (2022) 22 (1): e2100304. Della Sala F., et al.
- Various methods to combine hyaluronic acid and antimicrobial peptides coatings and evaluation of their antibacterial behaviour. Int J Biol Macromol. (2019) 139: 468-474. Paris J.B., et al.
- Periocular hyaluronic-acid fillers: applications, implications, complications. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. (2019) 30 (5): 395-400. Murthy R, et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields