Human endothelin-2 (1-31) ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for determining endothelin-2 [ET-2 (1-31)] or endothelin-2 (1-31) in human tissue extracts, serum, cell culture media and plasma (EDTA). This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 4.0 pg/ml.
Endothelins belongs to a family of isopeptides which includes big endothelin, endothelin-1, endothelin-2 and endothelin-3. They are characterised by having two essential disulfide bridges, a conserved amino acid sequence at the C-terminal and their potent vasoconstriction activity. They are produced by vascular endothelium cells which are found in various tissues in vivo, such as; pituitary, kidney, lung, placenta and brain.
The following assay is specific for ET-2 (1-31) and will not cross-react with endothelin (1-21) and big endothelin. However, it can be used to recognise both native and synthetic peptide forms. Recently, a discovery of a novel smooth muscles constricting 31-amino acid endothelin was made, this was named endothelin-2 (1-31). This is generated from the big endothelin using human chymase to cleave Tyr31 – Gly32 bond.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells coated with ET-2 antigen 25-31 rabbit IgG affinity purify.
- Labelled Antibody: Consisting of HRP conjugated with antibody.
- EIA Buffer.
- Standards: Concentration 0 – 500.0 pg/ml, made up from endothelin-2 peptide.
- TMB Substrate Buffer.
- Stop Solution.
- Chromogen Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
- Label Antibody Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of endothelin-2 using current human ET-2 (1-31) ELISA kit was approximately 4.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.91 – 500.0 pg/ml.
- Chymase processes big endothelin-2 to endothelin-2-(1-31) that induces contractile responses in the isolated monkey trachea. Eur J Pharmacol. (1998) 358 (3): 229-33. Takai S, Shiota N, Jin D, Miyazaki M.
- Characterization of endothelin isoforms in human heart: endothelin-2 demonstrated. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. (1993) 22 Suppl 8: S26-8. Plumpton C, et al.
- Full Name: Endothelin-2 (1-31) ELISA Kit (ET-2, EDN2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma (EDTA), Cell Culture Media, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Sensitivity: 4.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields