Human cardiolipin screen ELISA kit is a procedure for screening in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG, IgM and IgA auto-antibodies to screen cardiolipin (cardiolipin-IgG, cardiolipin-IgM, cardiolipin-IgA) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
A highly purified cardiolipin is coated on micro-wells saturated with beta-2 glycoprotein I.
Cardiolipin forms a vital component of the inner mitochondrial membrane, representing around 20% of the overall total lipid composition. It is a diphosphatidylglycerol lipid which consists of two phosphatidic acid moieties which are connected with a glycerol backbone in the centre. Cardiolipin is essential in order to provide the optimal function of a large number of enzymes which are associated with mitochondrial energy metabolism. The following cardiolipin screen ELISA kit usually investigates certain antibodies in your blood (such as cardiolipin-IgG, cardiolipin-IgA and cardiolipin-IgM). These antibodies tend to be produced in response to cardiolipins and the levels are found to be elevated in people that have autoimmune diseases, repeated miscarriages, abnormal blood clotting, unexplained thrombotic episode and thrombocytopenia.
CARDIOLIPIN SCREEN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified human cardiolipin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrators A-D: Concentration 0-90 U/ml, made up from cardiolipin antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Containing anti-human IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG, IgA or IgM antibodies to screen cardiolipin (cardiolipin-IgG, cardiolipin-IgA, cardiolipin-IgM) using current human cardiolipin screen ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.3 – 90.0 U/ml.
– Cardiolipin Screen (IgM, IgG, IgA): ELISA
– Limit Of Detection (LOD): Functional sensitivity 1.0 U/ml.
– Expected Values: Samples from healthy blood donors display a cut-off 10 U/ml.
– Measuring Range: 0 – 90 U/ml.
– Linearity: 91 – 105%
– Intra Assay: 2.5 – 12.5%
– Inter Assay: 4.1 – 13.3%
– Results Interpretation: Negative: < 10 U/ml, Positive: ≥ 10 U/ml.
– Interfering Substances: None
– Clinical Diagnosis: Sensitivity (94.5%), Specificity (94.7%), Overall agreement (94.6%).
- Metabolism and function of mitochondrial cardiolipin. Prog Lipid Res. (2014) 55: 1-16. Review. Ren M., et al.
- First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics. Br J Pharmacol. (2014) 171 (8): 2029-50. Review. Szeto H.H.
- Cardiolipin-dependent formation of mitochondrial respiratory supercomplexes. Chem Phys Lipids. (2014) 179: 42-8. Review. Mileykovskaya E. and Dowhan W.
- The complexity of cardiolipin in health and disease. Trends Biochem Sci. (2012) 37 (1): 32-41. Review. Claypool S.M. and Koehler C.M.
- Assays of cardiolipin levels. Methods Cell Biol. (2007) 80: 223-40. Review. Schlame M.
- Full Name: Cardiolipin Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml