Human cardiolipin screen ELISA kit is a procedure for screening in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG, IgM and IgA auto-antibodies to screen cardiolipin (cardiolipin-IgG, cardiolipin-IgM, cardiolipin-IgA) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
A highly purified cardiolipin is coated on micro-wells saturated with beta-2 glycoprotein I.
Cardiolipin (CL) forms a vital component of the inner mitochondrial membrane, representing around 20% of the overall total lipid composition. It offers structural properties that are quite unique (four acyl chains, two negative charges and a small head group), these form vital mitochondrial lipid constituents. Some of the important mitochondrial functions that it is responsible for includes; energy metabolism, organelle ultra-structure and mitochondrial dynamics.
There is evidence to suggest that the cardiolipin net content of MOM is elevated during the process of apoptosis. Cytochrome c is known to be interact with it, this interaction is responsible for maintaining the mobile electron carrier activity that is found on the inner membrane outer surface. It is essential in providing the optimal function for many enzymes that are associated with mitochondrial energy metabolism.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, highly purified human cardiolipin is bound to microwells.
- Calibrators A-D: Concentration 0-90 U/ml.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Containing anti-human IgG, IgA and IgM antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG, IgA or IgM antibodies to screen cardiolipin (cardiolipin-IgG, cardiolipin-IgA, cardiolipin-IgM) using current cardiolipin ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.3 – 90.0 U/ml.
– Limit Of Detection (LOD): Functional sensitivity 1.0 U/ml.
– Expected Values: Samples from healthy blood donors display a cut-off 10 U/ml.
– Measuring Range: 0 – 90 U/ml.
– Linearity: 91 – 105%
– Intra Assay: 2.5 – 12.5%
– Inter Assay: 4.1 – 13.3%
– Results Interpretation: Negative: < 10 U/ml, Positive: ≥ 10 U/ml.
– Interfering Substances: None
– Clinical Diagnosis: Sensitivity (94.5%), Specificity (94.7%), Overall agreement (94.6%).
- Metabolism and function of mitochondrial cardiolipin. Prog Lipid Res. (2014) 55: 1-16. Review. Ren M., et al.
- First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics. Br J Pharmacol. (2014) 171 (8): 2029-50. Review. Szeto H.H.
- Cardiolipin-dependent formation of mitochondrial respiratory supercomplexes. Chem Phys Lipids. (2014) 179: 42-8. Review. Mileykovskaya E. and Dowhan W.
- The complexity of cardiolipin in health and disease. Trends Biochem Sci. (2012) 37 (1): 32-41. Review. Claypool S.M. and Koehler C.M.
- Assays of cardiolipin_levels. Methods Cell Biol. (2007) 80: 223-40. Review. Schlame M.
- Full Name: Cardiolipin Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields