Rat big endothelin-1 ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative concentration of rat big ET-1 (big endothelin-1) in samples of cell culture supernatant, tissue extracts, serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.69 pg/ml.
Big endothelin-1 (ET-1) is synthesised and secreted from the vascular smooth muscle cells and endothelium, an inactive 39 amino acid peptide. This peptide is further processed (cleaved) to form a 21 amino acid sequences which are referred to as ET-1, ET-2 and ET-3 (activated form). The action of endothelin is mediated through binding of two receptors ETA and ETB. Activation of ETA can lead to sodium retention, increased vasoconstriction and increase in blood pressure, whereas activation of ETB can trigger the process of releasing vasorelaxive factors (such as nitric oxide and prostanoids), this results in lowering the blood pressure, increase in urine production and its elimination.
RAT BIG ENDOTHELIN-1 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Big ET (22-38)
- HRP Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Rat Big ET-1 (Peptide).
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of rat big ET-1 using current rat big endothelin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.69 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.78 – 100.0 pg/ml.
– Rat Big ET-1: ELISA
– Titer Assay: 67.4 – 112.0%
– Added Recovery Assay: 69.0 – 96.7%
– Intra – Assay: 2.1 – 5.1%
– Inter – Assay: 2.1 – 14.1%
– Specificity: Rat and Human Big ET-1 (100%)
– Sensitivity: 0.69 pg/mL
- Conversion of big endothelin-1 in rat uterus causes contraction mediated by ETA receptors. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. (1993) 22 Suppl 8: S192-5. Rae G.A., et al.
- Effects of exogenous big endothelin-1 on postischemic cardiac dysfunction and norepinephrine overflow in rat hearts. Hypertens Res. (2011) 34 (2): 218-24. Tawa M., et al.
- Intrarenal conversion of big endothelin-1 to endothelin-1 in the rat. Life Sci. (1994) 55 (16): 1285-91. Fujita K., et al.
- Conversion of big ET-1 in the rat lung: role of phosphoramidon-sensitive endothelin-1-converting enzyme. Am J Physiol. (1994) 266 (2 Pt 2): H422-8. Hisaki K., et al.
- Phosphoramidon-sensitive conversion of big endothelin-1 and degradation of endothelin-1 in rat kidney. Hypertension. (1994) 24 (2): 227-33. Fujita K., et al.
- Full Name: Big Endothelin-1 (Big ET-1) ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.3 pg/ml