Full Name: Rat Big Endothelin-1 ELISA Kit (ET-1)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.3 pg/ml
Big endothelin-1 (ET-1) is synthesised and secreted from the vascular smooth muscle cells and endothelium, an inactive 39 amino acid peptide. This peptide is further processed (cleaved) to form a 21 amino acid sequences which are referred to as ET-1, ET-2 and ET-3 (activated form). ET-1 is a potent vasoconstrictive peptide and its expression is increased in various diseases. The heart pumps oxygen-rich blood through the circulatory system to deliver this oxygen to cells throughout the body. Blood pressure depends on how well the heart contracts as well as how well arteries are constricted or expanded by small arteries when they fill with blood that contains lots of oxygen and nutrients. High arterial pressure can therefore cause a stroke or harm to small blood vessels that can result in aneurysm rupture.
The action of endothelin is mediated through binding of two receptors ETA and ETB. Activation of ETA can lead to sodium retention, increased vasoconstriction and increase in blood pressure, whereas activation of ETB can trigger the process of releasing vasorelaxive factors (such as nitric oxide and prostanoids), this results in lowering the blood pressure, increase in urine production and its elimination.
Rat big endothelin-1 ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative concentration of rat big ET-1 (big endothelin-1) in samples of cell culture supernatant, tissue extracts, serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.69 pg/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Big ET (22-38)
- HRP Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of big ET-1 using current rat big endothelin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.69 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.78 – 100.0 pg/ml.
– Titer Assay: 67.4 – 112.0%
– Added Recovery Assay: 69.0 – 96.7%
– Intra – Assay: 2.1 – 5.1%
– Inter – Assay: 2.1 – 14.1%
– Specificity: Rat and Human Big ET-1 (100%)
– Sensitivity: 0.69 pg/mL
- Conversion of big endothelin-1 in rat uterus causes contraction mediated by ETA receptors. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. (1993) 22 Suppl 8: S192-5. Rae G.A., et al.
- Effects of exogenous big endothelin-1 on postischemic cardiac dysfunction and norepinephrine overflow in rat hearts. Hypertens Res. (2011) 34 (2): 218-24. Tawa M., et al.
- Intrarenal conversion of big endothelin-1 to endothelin-1 in the rat. Life Sci. (1994) 55 (16): 1285-91. Fujita K., et al.
- Conversion of big ET-1 in the rat lung: role of phosphoramidon-sensitive endothelin-1-converting enzyme. Am J Physiol. (1994) 266 (2 Pt 2): H422-8. Hisaki K., et al.
- Phosphoramidon-sensitive conversion of big endothelin-1 and degradation of endothelin-1 in rat kidney. Hypertension. (1994) 24 (2): 227-33. Fujita K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Big Endothelin-1 (Big ET-1) ELISA Kit (Human)
- Endothelin-1 (ET-1) ELISA Kit
- Endothelin-3 (ET-3) ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields