Human anti-dsDNA IgA ELISA kit is intended for in vitro quantitative analysis of anti IgA autoantibodies against anti double stranded DNA antibodies (anti ds-DNA IgA, anti-dsDNA IgA) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Anti-dsDNA antibodies belong to a family of anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), primarily associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and their target antigen is double stranded DNA. There are a number different assay formats which can be used in the detection and quantification anti dsDNA antibodies. Some examples of these include flow cytometry, ELISA/EIA, Farr assay, microarrays and polyethylene glycol assay.
The presence of anti-dsDNA antibodies often is an indication of more serious lupus (for example lupus nephritis) and when the disease is active, elevated levels anti dsDNA antibodies are often present. In patients that suffer from lupus nephritis, a high concentration of anti-dsDNA is often linked with ongoing inflammation and possible damage to the kidneys. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have also been found to develop anti dsDNA antibodies but this tends to be treatment related.
ANTI-DSDNA IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells each, human recombinant double stranded DNA (dsDNA IgA) is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200 U/ml, made up from human anti-dsDNA IgA.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing anti dsDNA IgA antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti human IgA antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of anti-dsDNA IgA (anti double stranded DNA antibodies, anti dsDNA IgA) using current human anti-dsDNA IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Anti-Double Stranded DNA IgA (Anti-dsDNA IgA): ELISA
– Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
– Intra Assay: 3.1 – 6.4%
– Inter Assay: 5.2 – 12.4%
– Specificity: Recognizes only autoantibodies specific for double-stranded DNA.
– Results Interpretation: Serum from healthy blood donors display a Cut-Off: 20 U/ml.
– Interfering Substances: None
- Association of IgA anti-dsDNA antibodies with vasculitis and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus. SLE Study Group. Rheumatol Int. (1998) 18 (2): 63-9. Witte T., et al.
- Anti-double-stranded DNA isotypes in lupus erythematosus patients with prevalent cutaneous presentation. Br J Dermatol. (2002) 147 (4): 754-6. Parodi A., et al.
- Anti-dsDNA antibody isotypes in systemic lupus erythematosus: IgA in addition to IgG anti-dsDNA help to identify glomerulonephritis and active disease. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (8): e71458. Villalta D., et al.
- Anti-DNA antibodies of IgA class in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatol Int. (1986) 6 (2): 53-5. Gripenberg M. and Helve T.
- IgA anti-dsDNA antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus: occurrence, incidence and association with clinical and laboratory variables of disease activity. J Rheumatol. (1993) 20 (1): 53-8. Miltenburg A.M., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-dsDNA IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml