Human ANCA-P ELISA kit is a procedure designed for detecting IgG autoantibodies to myeloperoxidase (MPO, anti-MPO, ANCA-P, perinuclear anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies, p-ANCA) using human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Perinuclear anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (p-ANCA, MPO-ANCA, anti-MPO, ANCA-P) display a perinuclear staining pattern and are known to be common targets for myeloperoxidase (MPO). MPO is a neutrophil granule protein which has a primary function during normal metabolic processes in order to generate oxygen radicals. However, the proportion of pANCA sera with anti-MPO antibodies has only been reported in as low as 12% of patients with vasculitis condition.
Perinuclear anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies are associated with a number of medical conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, ulcerative colitis, eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis, microscopic polyangiitis, crescentic glomerulonephritis and focal necrotising. The analysis of anti-PR3 and anti-MPO levels has been found to correlate with the clinical status and both of these are at elevated levels in active disease and the antibody titres start to decrease during therapy, eventually becoming undetectable after remission. The classical methods for the measuring ANCA are ELISA and immunofluorescence tests and using these methods has identified two main patterns a cytoplasmic (cANCA) and a perinuclear (pANCA) type.
ANCA-P (MPO) ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date
- Divisible Microplate: Highly purified myeloperoxidase (MPO) is bound to microwells.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration ranging between 0 – 100 U/ml.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Human MPO antibodies in a serum/buffer matrix.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Anti-human IgG antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x).
- Instruction for Use.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG autoantibodies to myeloperoxidase (MPO, anti-MPO, P-ANCA, p-ANCA, perinuclear anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies, ) using current ANCA-P ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5 – 100.0 U/ml.
– ANCA-P (MPO): ELISA
– Measuring Range: 0 – 100 U/ml
– Expected Values: In a normal range = Cut-off Index 5.0 U/ml, Negative: Index < 5.0 U/ml, Positive: Index ≥ 5.0 U/ml.
– Linearity: 85 – 101%
– Intra Assay Precision: 3.1 – 6.4%
– Inter Assay Precision: 4.9 – 6.3%
– Clinical Diagnosis: Sensitivity (98.2%), Specificity (96.7%), Overall agreement (97.1%).
- Comparison of a novel chemiluminescence enzyme immunoassay (CLEIA) with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the determination of MPO-ANCA in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis. Mod Rheumatol. (2015) 25 (2): 230-4. Hirose O., et al.
- Pulmonary hyalinizing granuloma associated with Sjögren syndrome and ANCA MPO vasculitis. Joint Bone Spine. (2015) 82 (1): 71-2. Rodríguez-Muguruza S., et al.
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO)-specific CD4+ T cells contribute to MPO-anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) associated glomerulonephritis. Cell Immunol. (2013) 282 (1): 21-7. Gan P.Y., et al.
- Getting rid of MPO-ANCA: a matter of disease subtype. Rheumatology (Oxford). (2013) 52 (4): 752-4. Bremer J.P., et al.
- What is myeloperoxidase doing in ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis? Kidney Int. (2015) 88 (5): 938-40. Couser W.G. and Johnson R.J.
- Full Name: ANCA-P (MPO) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml