T-2 toxin ELISA kit is intended for measuring rapid quantitative concentrations of T2 toxin (T-2 toxin and T-2 mycotoxins) in food (such as beer, meat, milk and cereal). This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 13.0 ppb.
T-2 toxin is a trichothecene mycotoxin, a naturally occurring mould formed as a by-product of fusarium (a fungus that is toxic to both animals and humans). The most important species include: F. acuminatum, F. sporotrichioides, F. poae and F. langsethiae. These fungi are present in grains such as oats, wheat and barley.
Both animals and humans can be exposed to T-2 mycotoxins through food and unlike most biological toxins it can absorbed via intact skin. It is also possible to deliver this compound through water, food, aerosols and droplets. Acute toxic dosages have been found to lead to gastroenteritis, necrosis of skin, damage of respiratory passages and bone marrow. T-2 toxins display high level of stability against temperature, this allows detection to be made in bakery products.
T-2 TOXIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with antibody-binding protein.
- T-2 Toxin Standards 1-6: Concentration 0, 17.5, 87.5, 350, 875, 1750 ppb.
- Anti T2 Toxin Antibody (rabbit).
- Conjugate (T2-Toxin-Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution (0.5 M H2SO4).
- Sample Diluent (PBS).
- Washing Solution (PBS + Tween 20)(10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of T2 toxin (such as T-2 mycotoxins) using current T-2 toxin ELISA kit was 13.0 ppb. The standard range for this assay is 17.5 – 1,750.0 ppb.
– T-2 Toxin (T2): ELISA
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (13.0ppb), Limit of quantification, LOQ (17.5ppb)
– Recovery: Beer (105%), Rye (103%), Wheat (100%), Oats, Meat (97%), Barley (96%), Milk, Rice (95%), Corn (92%).
– Linearity: 84 – 111%
– Intra-Assay Precision: 3 – 4%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 3 – 6%
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Relative to T-2 Toxin (=100%): HT-2 Toxin (3.0%), T-2 Triol (0.35%), T-2 Tetraol (0.07%).
- High specific monoclonal antibody production and development of an ELISA method for monitoring T-2 toxinin rice. J Agric Food Chem. (2014) 62 (7): 1492-7. Li Y., et al.
- Anomericity of T-2 toxin-glucoside: masked mycotoxin in cereal crops. J Agric Food Chem. (2015) 63 (2): 731-8. McCormick S.P., et al.
- Factors affecting the results of T-2 mycotoxin ELISA assay. Food Addit Contam. (1992) 9 (4): 337-43. Laamanen I. and Veijalainen P.
- In vitro neutralization of T-2 toxintoxicity by a monoclonal antibody. Nat Toxins. (1994) 2 (3): 111-4. Minervini F., et al.
- Monoclonal antibody-based enzyme linked immunosorbent assayof aflatoxin B1, T-2 toxin, and ochratoxin A in barley. J Assoc Off Anal Chem. (1990) 73 (1): 71-6. Ramakrishna N., et al.
- Full Name: T-2 Toxin ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Food (Meat, Cereal, Beer, Milk)
- Sensitivity: 13.0 ppb