Human zika virus IgG ELISA kit can be used for detecting in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies against Zika virus (Zika-IgG) in blood samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 98.0%.
Zika virus disease is predominately spread by mosquitoes, however, there have been some cases of sexual transmission. In general, it is responsible for mild infections which tend not to be harmful. The virus can cause birth defect such as microcephaly (brain damage and underdeveloped heads) and have also been linked to Guillain-Barre syndrome (a condition where the immune system is attacking the nerves). There have been some studies that have indicated that this zika virus can be found in blood, fluid in the eye, saliva, semen and urine of infected individuals. The incubation period is still not clear (most likely a few days), the symptoms are similar to many other arbovirus infections (such as dengue) and these include skin rashes, malaise, headache, conjunctivitis, joint and muscle pain. These symptoms are often quite mild and can last between 2-7 days.
ZIKA VIRUS IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Zika Virus Antigen Coated Microplate.
- Tracer Antibody.
- HRP Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Negative Control.
- Positive Control.
- Concentrated Sample Diluent.
- Wash Concentrate.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG capture antibodies to Zika virus (Zika-IgG) using this Zika IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 98.0%. The dynamic assay range for this kit was to a specific cut-off point.
– Zika Virus ELISA: IgG
– Equivocal = 0.140 ~ 0.172
– Positive Cut-Off = 1.1 x (0.056 + 0.10) = 0.172
– Negative Cut-Off = 0.9 x (0.056 + 0.10) = 0.140
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 5.0 – 9.0 %
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 5.9 – 7.9 %
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 10.0 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 10.0 mg/mL and Lipid up to 200.0 mg/mL.
- Evaluation of Euroimmun Anti-Zika Virus IgM and IgG Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays for Zika Virus Serologic Testing. J Clin Microbiol. (2017) 55 (8): 2462-2471. L’Huillier A.G., et al.
- Cross reactivity of commercial anti-dengue immunoassays in patients with acute Zika virus infection. J Med Virol. (2017) 89 (8): 1477-1479. Felix A.C., et al.
- Detection of human anti-zika virus IgG by ELISA using an antigen from in vitro infected vero cells: preliminary results. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. (2016) 58: 89. Sumita L.M., et al.
- High specificity of a novel Zika virus ELISA in European patients after exposure to different flaviviruses. Euro Surveill. (2016) 21 (16). Huzly D., et al.
- Quantitative real-time PCR detection of Zika virus and evaluation with field-caught mosquitoes. Virol J. (2013) 10: 311. Faye O., et al.
- Full Name: Zika Virus IgG Capture ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Blood
- Sensitivity: diagn. 98.0%