- Created on the 28 September, 2017.
Human Zika virus IgM µ-capture ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative detection of IgM antibodies against Zika virus using human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 100.0%.
Zika virus disease can cause mild infections which are usually not harmful and it is mostly spread through mosquitoes, some cases of sexual transmission have also been reported. Studies have found that infected people display zika virus within their blood, saliva, urine, semen and fluid in the eye. The virus is able to cause birth defect which include underdeveloped heads or even brain damage (known as microcephaly) and it has been associated with Guillain-Barre syndrome (where the immune system attacks the nerves). Zika virus shows symptoms similar to other arbovirus infections which can include conjunctivitis, fever, headache, skin rashes, muscle/joint pain and malaise. These symptoms usually last anything from 2 to 7 days.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Zika virus using current human zika virus IgM micro-capture ELISA kit was diagn. 100.0%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a specific cut-off point.
- Positive IgM for Zika virus in the cerebrospinal fluid of 30 neonates with microcephaly in Brazil. Lancet. (2016) 387 (10030): 1811-2. Cordeiro M.T., et al.
- Evaluation of a commercially available Zika virus IgM ELISA: specificity in focus. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2017) 88 (3): 233-235. Kadkhoda K., et al.
- Zika- another threat on the epidemiological map of the world. Int Marit Health. (2016) 67 (1): 31-7. Review. Korzeniewski K., et al.
- Evaluation of Euroimmun Anti-Zika Virus IgM and IgG Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays for Zika Virus Serologic Testing. J Clin Microbiol. (2017) 55 (8): 2462-2471. L’Huillier A.G., et al.
- Ascertaining fetal Zika virus infection based on IgM antibody test in endemic settings. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. (2017) 49 (6): 809. Herrera T.T., et al.
- Zika virus: Global health challenge, threat and current situation. J Med Virol. (2017) 89 (6): 943-951. Review. Aziz H, Zia A., et al.
- Full Name: Zika Virus IgM µ-Capture ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. 100.0%