Human Yersinia enterocolitica IgM ELISA kit is intended for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgM-class antibodies against Yersinia enterocolitica using serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.02 U/ml.
Yersinia enterocolitica consists of 11 other species: Y. enterocolitica, Y. pseudotuberculosis, Y. kristensenii, Y. mollaretii, Y. aldovae, Y. intermedia, Y. frederiksenii, Y. bercovieri, Y. pestis, Y. ruckeri and Y. rohdei. It is member of the Enterobacteriaceae family and is a gram-negative bacterium which is bacillus shaped. Y. enterocolitica can cause Yersiniosis disease and this is found to be an animal-borne disease which is usually present in human, pig, bird, cattle and deer. It can cause a number of symptoms such as enterocolitis, acute diarrhea, pseudoappendicitis, terminal ileitis and mesenteric lymphadenitis. Methods that have been used to study Yersinia enterocolitica infections include; colonoscopy, tube agglutination, analysing stool cultures, computed tomography scanning imaging studies, radio-immunoassays and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Yersinia enterocolitica using current human yersinia enterocolitica IgM ELISA kit was 1.02 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 110.0 U/ml.
- Measurement of immunoglobulin M (IgM), IgG, and IgA antibodies against Yersinia enterocolitica by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay: persistence of serum antibodies during disease. J Clin Microbiol. (1979) 9 (3): 336-41. Granfors K.
- Measurement of IgM and IgG antibodies to Yersinia by solid-phase radioimmunoassay. J Infect Dis. (1978) 138 (2): 232-6. Granfors K., et al.
- Persistence of IgM, IgG, and IgA antibodies to Yersiniain yersinia arthritis. J Infect Dis. (1980) 141 (4): 424-9. Granfors K., et al.
- IgM, IgG, and IgA antibodies in Yersinia infection. J Infect Dis. (1988) 157 (3): 601-2. Granfors K., et al.
- Yersinia-specific antibodies in serum and synovial fluid in patients with Yersinia triggered reactive arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. (1994) 53 (8): 535-9. Mäki-Ikola O., et al.
- Full Name: Yersinia Enterocolitica IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.02 U/ml