- Created on the 28 September, 2017.
Human Yersinia enterocolitica IgG ELISA kit is a protocol designed for analysing in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies to Yersinia enterocolitica using samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.92 U/ml.
Yersinia enterocolitica is a bacillus shaped, gram negative bacterium which belongs to the Enterobacteriaceae family. The genus Yersinia also is made of 11 other species Y. pseudotuberculosis, Y. intermedia, Y. enterocolitica, Y. rohdei, Y. aldovae, Y. bercovieri, Y. kristensenii, Y. mollaretii, Y. ruckeri, Y. pestis and Y. frederiksenii. Enterobacteriaceae have been identified to cause pseudoappendicitis, terminal ileitis, enterocolitis, mesenteric lymphadenitis and acute diarrhea, which can also lead to fatal sepsis if it is spread systemically. Yersiniosis disease can be caused by Y. enterocolitica infection, predominately an animal-borne disease occurring in humans, cattle, deer, pig and birds. Some of the common test which can be used to diagnose a Yersinia enterocolitica infection include; observing stool cultures, tube agglutination, joint aspiration in specific cases, colonoscopy, computed tomography scanning imaging studies, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays and radioimmunoassays.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Yersinia enterocolitica using current human Yersinia enterocolitica IgG ELISA kit was 1.92 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 180.0 U/ml.
- Serum immunoglobulin IgG subclass distribution of antibody responses to Yop proteins and lipopolysaccharide of Yersinia enterocolitica in patients with yersiniosis. Pol J Microbiol. (2007) 56 (4): 233-8. Rastawicki W. and Jakubczak A.
- Influence of antibiotics on IgA and IgG response and persistence of Yersinia enterocolitica in patients with Yersinia-associated spondylarthropathy. Infection. (1992) 20 (2): 53-7. Hoogkamp-Korstanje J.A., et al.
- High levels of IgG class antibodies to recombinant HSP60 kDa of Yersinia enterocolitica in sera of patients with uveitis. Br J Ophthalmol. (2004) 88 (2): 247-50. Cancino-Diaz J.C., et al.
- Measurement of IgM and IgG antibodies to Yersinia by solid-phase radioimmunoassay. J Infect Dis. (1978) 138 (2): 232-6. Granfors K., et al.
- Yersinia antibodies in inflammatory joint diseases. Clin Exp Rheumatol. (1983) 1 (3): 215-8. Granfors K., et al.
- Full Name: Yersinia Enterocolitica IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.92 U/ml