Human Yersinia enterocolitica IgA ELISA kit can be used for determining in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgA class antibodies against Yersinia enterocolitica (Yersinia-IgA) using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.02 U/ml.
Yersinia enterocolitica is a member of the Enterobacteriaceae which is a gram-negative bacillus shaped bacterium. The genus of the Yersinia includes 11 other speices, where are Y. enterocolitica, Y. pseudotuberculosis, Y. pestis, Y. intermedia, Y. bercovieri, Y. frederiksenii, Y. rohdei, Y. mollaretii, Y. ruckeri, Y. kristensenii and Y. aldovae. Y. enterocolitica infection is responsible for causing the disease yersiniosis, this is essentially an animal-borne disease which occurs in humans and many other animals such as pig, cattle, deer and birds. Enterobacteriaceae have been found to cause acute diarrhea, enterocolitis, mesenteric lymphadenitis, pseudoappendicitis and terminal ileitis, if it is spread systemically then it can lead to fatal sepsis. There are many tests which can be carried out in order to diagnose a Yersinia enterocolitica infection. For example, using a stool culture (to confirm presence of pathogen), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, tube agglutination, ultrasonography, radioimmunoassays, colonoscopy, computed tomography scanning imaging studies and joint aspiration in specific cases.
YERSINIA ENTEROCOLITICA IGA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Yersinia enterocolitica antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Negative Calibrator.
- Cut-Off Calibrator.
- Weak Positive Calibrator.
- Positive Calibrator.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgA antibodies against Yersinia enterocolitica (Yersinia-IgA) using current human Yersinia IgA ELISA kit was 1.02 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Yersinia Enterocolitica ELISA: IgA
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 10.3 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 5.3 – 10.0 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 5.2 – 13.0 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.02 U/mL
– Recovery: 88 – 107 %
– Linearity: 65 – 116 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Helicobacter pylori.
– Interferences: No interferences to hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL, bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 92 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- IgA response by oral infection with an attenuated Yersinia enterocolitica mutant: implications for its use as oral carrier vaccine. Vaccine. (2008) 26 (51): 6497-502. Blanco H.M., et al.
- Yersinia enterocolitica serodiagnosis: a dual role of specific IgA. Evaluation of microagglutination and ELISA. Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A. (1987) 267 (2): 194-205. Bitzan M., et al.
- The determination of specific IgA-antibodies to Yersinia enterocolitica and their role in enteric infections and their complications. Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand B. (1985) 93 (5): 331-9. Larsen J.H., et al.
- Significance of specific IgA antibodies in infections due to Yersinia enterocolitica and their complications. Contrib Microbiol Immunol. (1987) 9: 136-40. Hannover Larsen J.
- Specificity of IgA class anti-yersinia antibodies in yersinia arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol Suppl. (1987) 67: 64-6. Granfors K., et al.
- Full Name: Yersinia Enterocolitica IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.02 U/ml