- Created on the 28 September, 2017.
Yersinia enterocolitica is a member of the Enterobacteriaceae which is a gram-negative bacillus shaped bacterium. The genus of the Yersinia includes 11 other speices, where are Y. enterocolitica, Y. pseudotuberculosis, Y. pestis, Y. intermedia, Y. bercovieri, Y. frederiksenii, Y. rohdei, Y. mollaretii, Y. ruckeri, Y. kristensenii and Y. aldovae. Y. enterocolitica infection is responsible for causing the disease yersiniosis, this is essentially an animal-borne disease which occurs in humans and many other animals such as pig, cattle, deer and birds. Enterobacteriaceae have been found to cause acute diarrhea, enterocolitis, mesenteric lymphadenitis, pseudoappendicitis and terminal ileitis, if it is spread systemically then it can lead to fatal sepsis. There are many tests which can be carried out in order to diagnose a Yersinia enterocolitica infection. For example, using a stool culture (to confirm presence of pathogen), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, tube agglutination, ultrasonography, radioimmunoassays, colonoscopy, computed tomography scanning imaging studies and joint aspiration in specific cases.
Human yersinia enterocolitica-IgA ELISA kit can be used for determining in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgA-class antibodies against yersinia enterocolitica using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.02 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human yersinia enterocolitica IgA using this human yersinia enterocolitica-IgA ELISA kit was 1.02 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- IgA response by oral infection with an attenuated Yersinia enterocolitica mutant: implications for its use as oral carrier vaccine. Vaccine. (2008) 26 (51): 6497-502. Blanco H.M., et al.
- Yersinia enterocolitica serodiagnosis: a dual role of specific IgA. Evaluation of microagglutination and ELISA. Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A. (1987) 267 (2): 194-205. Bitzan M., et al.
- The determination of specific IgA-antibodies to Yersinia enterocolitica and their role in enteric infections and their complications. Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand B. (1985) 93 (5): 331-9. Larsen J.H., et al.
- Significance of specific IgA antibodies in infections due to Yersinia enterocolitica and their complications. Contrib Microbiol Immunol. (1987) 9: 136-40. Hannover Larsen J.
- Specificity of IgA class anti-yersinia antibodies in yersinia arthritis. Scand J Rheumatol Suppl. (1987) 67: 64-6. Granfors K., et al.
- Full Name: Yersinia EnterocoliticaIgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.02 U/ml