Rat VEGF ELISA kit can be used for analysing quantitative concentrations of vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) in rat EDTA-plasma and supernatant of cell culture media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 5.44 pg/ml.
Vascular endothelial cell growth factor which is commonly referred to as VEGF for short is a homodimeric protein that was originally discovered in bovine conditioned pituitary folliculo-stellate cells. This protein is identical to vascular permeability factor (VPF) and shares many of the common activities displayed by this factor such as stimulation of endothelial cell growth, angiogenesis and capillary permeability. The current vascular endothelial cell growth factor ELISA kit is ideal for detecting and analysing many different diagnostic applications.
The expression of VEGF in normal human tissues is present in many cells such as: renal glomerular visceral epithelium, hepatocytes, embryonic fibroblasts, Leydig cells, smooth muscle cells, mesangial cells, bronchial and choroids plexus epithelium, activated macrophages and renal glomerular visceral epithelium.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of vascular endothelial cell growth factor using current rat VEGF ELISA kit is 5.44 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2,000.0 pg/ml.
- Cancer therapy modulates VEGF signaling and viability in adult rat cardiac microvascular endothelial cells and cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. (2012) 52 (5): 1164-75. Chiusa M., et al.
- Lactotrophs: the new and major source for VEGF secretion and the influence of ECM on ratpituitary function in vitro. Oncol Rep. (2015) 33 (5): 2129-34. Alfer J., et al.
- Effects of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/vascular permeability factor (VPF) on haemodynamics and permselectivity of the isolated perfused rat kidney. Nephrol Dial Transplant. (1998) 13 (4): 875-85. Klanke B., et al.
- A highly conserved vascular permeability factor secreted by a variety of human and rodent tumor cell lines. Cancer Res. (1986) 46 (11): 5629-32. Senger D.R., et al.
- Full Name: Vascular Endothelial Cell Growth Factor ELISA Kit
- Gene Name: VEGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: EDTA-Plasma, Supernatant Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 5.44 pg/ml