- Created on the 4 September, 2018.
Mouse VEGF ELISA kit is designed for measuring quantitative levels of vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) using mouse serum, EDTA-plasma and cell supernatant media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 11.0 pg/ml.
Vascular endothelial cell growth factor (short for VEGF) was first purified from media that had been conditioned by bovine pituitary folliculo-stellate cells. It is a homodimeric protein which is identical to vascular permeability factor (VPF). Some of the common activities which VEGF has been found include stimulation of capillary permeability, angiogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Vascular endothelial cell growth factor ELISA kit provides an ideal tool for detection in various biological applications. In normal human tissues, the expression of VEGF can be found in smooth muscle cells, activated macrophages, Leydig cells, hepatocytes, keratinocytes, renal glomerular visceral epithelium, embryonic fibroblasts, mesangial cells, bronchial and choroids plexus epithelium.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of vascular endothelial cell growth factor using current mouse VEGF ELISA kit is 11.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4,000.0 pg/ml.
- Extracellular regulation of VEGF: isoforms, proteolysis, and vascular patterning. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2014) 25 (1): 1-19. Review. Vempati P., et al.
- Adipose VEGF Links the White-to-Brown Fat Switch With Environmental, Genetic, and Pharmacological Stimuli in Male Mice. Endocrinology. (2015) 156 (6): 2059-73. During M.J., et al.
- Loss of autocrine endothelial-derived VEGF significantly reduces hemangiosarcoma development in conditional p53-deficient mice. Cell Cycle. (2014) 13 (9): 1501-7. Farhang Ghahremani M., et al.
- Induction of aberrant vascular growth, but not of normal angiogenesis, by cell-based expression of different doses of human and mouse VEGF is species-dependent. Hum Gene Ther Methods. (2013) 24 (1): 28-37. Mujagic E., et al.
- Therapeutic potential of VEGF and VEGF-derived peptide in peripheral neuropathies. Neuroscience. (2013) 244: 77-89. Verheyen A., et al.
- Full Name: Vascular Endothelial Cell Growth Factor ELISA Kit
- Gene Name: VEGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Mouse
- Sample Type: EDTA-Plasma, Serum, Cell Supernatant Media
- Sensitivity: 11.0 pg/ml