- Created on the 27 April, 2017.
Human VE-cadherin ELISA kit is procedure intended for analysing in vitro quantitative amounts of VE-cadherin (CDH5, vascular endothelial cadherin, CD144 or cadherin-5) in human cell lysates, serum, plasma, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.52 ng/ml.
VE-Cadherin which is also called vascular endothelial cadherin, cadherin-5, CDH5, CD144 or type 2 is a gene that is located on the long arm of chromosome 16 and it plays a vital role in breast and prostate cancer (i.e. loss of heterozygosity events). VE-cadherin is a calcium-dependent cell–cell adhesion glycoprotein that is composed of a transmembrane region, five extracellular cadherin repeats and a cytoplasmic tail that is highly conserved.
It functions in allowing cells to adhere in a homophilic manner and this plays a major role in endothelial cell biology by controlling the process of organisation and cohesion within the intercellular junctions. The integrity of intercellular junctions play a crucial function in determining the permeability of the endothelium and it is thought that VE-cadherin-based adherens junction are particularly important in this process. CDH5 also plays a pivotal function in vascular structure assembly, where it has been identified that the disruption of VE-cadherin can lead to endothelial cells failing to organize in a vessel-like pattern. This indicates that vascular endothelial cadherin serve a crucial purpose in maintaining newly formed vessels. The following VE-cadherin ELISA kit is intended for various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of vascular endothelial cadherin, CDH5, cadherin-5 using current human VE-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.52 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.153 – 100 ng/ml.
- VE-cadherin and endothelial adherens junctions: active guardians of vascular integrity. Dev Cell. (2013) 26 (5): 441-54. Review. Giannotta M., et al.
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin and vascular stability. Curr Opin Hematol. (2012) 19 (3): 218-23. Review. Dejana E. and Giampietro C.
- Endothelial permeability and VE-cadherin: a wacky comradeship. Cell Adh Migr. (2013) 7 (6): 455-61. Review. Gavard J.
- Endothelial cadherins in cancer. Cell Tissue Res. (2014) 355 (3): 523-7. Review. Breier G., et al.
- Vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin: only an intercellular glue? Exp Cell Res. (1999) 252 (1): 13-9. Review. Dejana E., et al.
- Full Name: VE-Cadherin (CDH5) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.52 ng/ml