Human VEGF ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human serum, plasma (heparin, citrate, EDTA) and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 1.0 pg/ml.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a cytokine which can stimulate many cellular responses by binding to tyrosine kinase receptors (i.e. VEGFRs) that are present on the cell surface, this results in the formation of dimers which are can then be activated by transphosphorylation. Human VEGF is a vital signalling protein that is found to be involved in both angiogenesis and vasculogenesis, as its name suggests human VEGF activity is largely restricted to vascular endothelium cells, however, it does have some limited effect on other cells such as macrophages and monocytes. The following human VEGF ELISA kit can be used for a number of different diagnostic applications.
The VEGF receptors consists of an extracellular portion that is made up of 7 immunoglobulin-like domains, a single transmembrane spanning region and an intracellular portion which consists of a split tyrosine-kinase domain. In addition to binding to VEGFRs, there is evidence that human VEGF is able to bind to receptor complexes consisting of both VEGFRs and neuropilins. This receptor complex is found to result in an increase in human VEGF signalling activity in blood vessels (endothelial cells). There are essentially three main subtypes of VEGFR which can be numbered 1, 2 and 3. There is also a membrane-bound (mbVEGFR) or soluble (sVEGFR).
VEGF ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells bound with anti human VEGF (16F1) Mouse IgG MoAb Affinity Purify.
- Labeled Antibody (30x Concentrated): Consisting of HRP conjugated to rabbit anti VEGF-1 antibody IgG Fab’ Affinity Purify.
- Standards: Concentration 0-1000.0 pg/ml. Made from recombinant anti human VEGF 165.
- EIA Buffer.
- Label Antibody Solution.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Stop Solution: 1N H2SO4.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) using current human VEGF ELISA kit was approximately < 1.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.2 – 2000.0 pg/ml (serum and plasma) and 15.6 – 1000.0 pg/ml (cell culture supernatant).
- Inhibiting angiogenesis with human single-chain variable fragment antibody targeting VEGF. Microvasc Res. (2015) 97: 13-8. Hosseini H., et al.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor a inhibition in gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. (2015) 18 (1): 33-42. Review. Park D.J., et al.
- Detection and Quantification of VEGF Isoforms by ELISA. Methods Mol Biol. (2015) 1332: 25-37. Vernes J.M. and Meng Y.G.
- VEGF levels in diagnosis of vasculitic neuropathy. Clin Lab. (2014) 60 (9): 1573-7. Manolov V., Petrova I. and Vasilev V.
- Distinct VEGF functions during bone development and homeostasis. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). (2014) 62 (5): 363-8. Review. Liu Y. and Olsen B.R.
- Full Name: VEGF ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA, Citrate, Heparin), Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 1.0 pg/ml