- Created on the 28 September, 2017.
Varicella-zoster virus (VZV) can also be called human herpesvirus type 3 (HHV-3), chickenpox virus and varicella virus. An infectious disease that is responsible for causing either varicella (chickenpox) or herpes zoster (singles). After the primary infection of chickenpox, this virus is known to go dormant within the nerve cells (such as autonomic ganglia, cranial nerve ganglia and dorsal root ganglia). VZV can multiplies in the lungs and is responsible for many complicated symptoms for example bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia. The virons are 180–200 nm, spherical and contain a linear double stranded DNA molecule which is 125,000 nucleotides in length. Serological screen of IgM class antibodies to VZV can be used as an indication of anacute or even a recent infection, where measuring IgG class of antibodies can be used to identify the non-immune individuals. Varicella zoster virus-IgM ELISA kit can be used for many types of diagnostic applications.
Human Varicella zoster IgM ELISA kit is a procedure intended for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM class antibodies against varicella zoster virus using samples of plasma and serum. This Varicella zoster virus-IgM ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.08 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Varicella zoster virus using current human varicella zoster IgM ELISA kit was 1.08 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Serological diagnosis of varicella-zoster virus in sera with antibody-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of IgM. J Virol Methods. (2000) 84 (2): 169-73. Oladepo D.K., et al.
- Detection of antibody to varicella-zoster virus by competitive and IgM-antibody capture immunoassay. J Med Virol. (1981) 8 (2): 89-101. Tedder R.S., et al.
- IgM and IgG responses to varicella-zoster virus p32/p36 complex after chickenpox and zoster, congenital and subclinical infections, and vaccination. J Infect Dis. (1989) 159 (3): 444-51. Harper D.R. and Grose C.
4. Frequency and specificity of varicella zoster virus IgM response. J Virol Methods. (1982) 5 (3-4): 219-27. Sundqvist V.A.
- IgMto varicella-zoster virus: demonstration in patients with and without clinical zoster. Pediatr Infect Dis. (1982) 1 (3): 164-7. Gershon A.A., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of virus-specific IgM antibodies to varicella-zoster virus. Intervirology. (1980) 13 (4): 214-22. Hacham M., et al.
- Full Name: Varicella Zoster IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.08 U/ml