Human TNF alpha ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha, TNF-a, TNF-α, TNF-alph) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin, citrate) and cell culture medium. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.7 pg/ml.
Tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha, TNF-a, TNF-alpha, TNF-α) which is also sometimes called cachectin is a multi-functional cytokine that is secreted by macrophages in response to infection, cancer and inflammation. It has many functions and is involved in a number of different pathways that are important in regulating pathophysiology and homeostasis in mammals. Human TNF alpha is primarily expressed in macrophages, however, there are lots for evidence suggesting that it can also be expressed in a number of other cells including: endothelial cells, monocytes, mast-cells, NK-cells, activated lymphocytes, neutrophils and fibroblasts cells.
The human TNF cDNA is 1585 base pairs in length and is encoding a 233 amino acids protein. It was first purified from HL-60 leukemia cells as a 17.3-kilodalton protein, where it displayed cytostatic and cytotoxic activities against a number of different human tumor cell lines. Human TNF alpha is located human chromosome 6 and the gene is a member 2 of the TNF-superfamily (there are currently more the 20 distinct members so far).
TNF ALPHA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterplate: Anti human TNF alpha antigen coated wells.
- Conjugate: HRP: Labelled anti human TNF alpha.
- Zero Calibrator.
- Calibrator 1-5: Concentrations 0-518 pg/ml, made up from human TNF alpha.
- Conjugate Buffer.
- Incubation Buffer.
- Wash Solution (200x Concentrated).
- Controls 1+2 (Lyophilised). Containing human TNF alpha.
- Chromogen: Tetramethylbenzydine (TMB).
- Stopping Solution: HCl (1.0N).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha, TNF-alpha, TNF-α, TNF-a) using current human TNF alpha ELISA kit was approximately 0.7 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5.35 – 530.0 pg/ml.
– Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha (TNF alpha, TNF-α): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for human natural and recombinant TNF-α. No cross reactivity with 50 ng of IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, TNF-β, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, TGF-β, GM-CSF, OSM , MIP-1α, MIP-1β, LIF, MCP-1, G-CSF and RANTES.
– Intra-Assay Precision: 6.3 – 6.6%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 3.3 – 4.5%
– Recovery (Accuracy): 84 – 108%
- Tumor necrosis factor type alpha stimulates human endothelial cells to produce granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1986) 83: 7467-7471. Broudy, V.C., et al.
- Tumor necrosis factor α signaling in macrophages. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. (2010) 20 (2): 87-103. Review. Parameswaran N. and Patial S.
- Molecular cloning of the complementary DNA for human tumor necrosis factor. Science (1985) 228: 149-154. Wang, A.M., et al.
- TNF-alpha and obesity. Curr Dir Autoimmun. (2010) 11: 145-56. Review. Tzanavari T., et al.
- Full Name: TNF Alpha ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA, Citrate, Heparin), Cell Culture
- Sensitivity: 0.7 pg/ml