Human troponin T ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of TnT (troponin T) in human cell culture supernatant, plasma, serum, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 5.9 pg/ml.
Troponin T (TnT) is a group of homologous proteins which have a molecular mass between 31-36 kDa and are useful in the laboratory to diagnose heart attack since they are released into the bloodstream when the heart muscles become damaged. Troponin is a myofibrillar protein that is found in striated musculature, it is a 3 protein complex that is made up of troponin C, troponin T and troponin I. It is troponin T which binds the troponin complex to tropomyosin, troponin I which can inhibits actomyosin ATPase and troponin C which mediates calcium dependency through its 4 binding sites for calcium. Troponin T functions in binding to tropomyosin which thereby helps to position it on actin and the rest of the troponin complex is responsible for modulating the contraction of striated muscle. In patients with stable coronary artery disease, the concentrations of troponin T have been significantly associated with incidence of heart failure and cardiovascular death. Elevated levels have also been identified in patients having unstable angina.
In the cytosol, TnT exists either in a protein-bound or free unbound form. The protein bound troponin T is usually released during the later stages of irreversible myocardial damage, whereas, the free (unbound) form is released in the early stages of myocardial damage. Some of the uses for this protein include monitoring acute coronary syndromes and prognosis estimation, the exclusion diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction and the possible use in monitoring patients with nonischemic causes of cardiac injury.
TROPONIN T ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: Antibody specific to troponin T (TnT) is pre-coated onto a 96-well plate.
- Standards: Concentration ranging between 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Wash Buffer (30x).
- Detection Reagent A.
- Detection Reagent B.
- Diluent A.
- Diluent B.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human troponin T (TnT) using current TnT ELISA kit was 5.9 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.6 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
– Troponin T (TnT): ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: < 10%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 12%
- Troponin T: genetics, properties and function. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. (1998) 19 (6): 575-602. Review. Perry S.V.
- The use of cardiac markers in acute coronary syndromes. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. (1999) 230:50-9. Review. Agrawal B.
- The troponin complex and regulation of muscle contraction. FASEB J. (1995) 9 (9): 755-67. Review. Farah C.S. and Reinach F.C.
- Role of troponin T in disease. Mol Cell Biochem. (2004) 263 (1-2): 115-29. Review. Gomes A.V., et al.
- Structural interactions responsible for the assembly of the troponin complex on the muscle thin filament. Cell Struct Funct. (1997) 22 (1): 219-23. Review. Reinach F.C., et al.
- Full Name: Troponin T (TnT) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Lysates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
- Sensitivity: 5.9 pg/ml