Human syphilis IgM ELISA kit is a procedure designed for analysing semi-quantitative and qualitative amounts of IgM class antibodies against treponema pallidum (syphilis) using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 100.0%.
Treponema pallidum consists of 4 subspecies namely; Treponema pallidum pallidum, T. p. endemicum, T. p. carateum and T. p. pertenue. It is a spirochaete bacterium that is helically coiled between 6–15 µm in length and 0.1–0.2 µm in width which can cause a number of treponemal diseases that include syphilis, bejel, yaws and pinta. T. p. pallidum is a motile spirochaete which in majority of cases can be caught due to sexual contact where it is able to enter the host via breaches in squamous or through columnar epithelium. It is a disease that is difficult to diagnose early, standard methods such as blood testing and microscopy are used for detection.
The diagnostic sensitivity of IgM antibodies to treponema pallidum (syphilis) using current human syphilis IgM ELISA kit was diagn. 100.0%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- Usefulness of IgM-specific enzyme immunoassays for serodiagnosis of syphilis: comparative evaluation of three different assays. J Infect. (2013) 67 (1): 35-42. Bosshard P.P.
- Further evaluation of the characteristics of Treponema pallidum-specific IgM antibody in syphilisserofast reaction patients. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2011) 71 (3): 201-7. Lin L.R., et al.
- Early syphilisin a man with a negative Treponema pallidum enzyme immunoassay-IgM. Int J STD AIDS. (2011) 22 (9): 529-30. McCarty E.J., et al.
- Antigens of Treponema pallidum recognized by IgG and IgM antibodies during syphilis in humans. J Infect Dis. (1985) 151 (2): 264-72. Baker-Zander S.A., et al.
- Solid-phase hemadsorption assay for IgM antibody to Treponema pallidumin serum and umbilical cord blood. Clin Lab Sci. (1990) 3 (5): 341-3. Tiensiwakul P.
- Full Name: Treponema Pallidum (Syphilis) IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 100.0%