Human TGF alpha ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring transforming growth factor alpha (TGF alpha, TGF-a, TGF-α, TGF-alpha) in human tissue homogentaes, plasma, serum and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
Transforming growth factor alpha (TGF-alpha, TGF-α, TGF alpha, TGF-a) is a protein that is encoded by the TGFA gene in humans and can be produced in brain cells, keratinocytes and macrophages. TGF-α is a mitogenic polypeptide which belongs to the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family, where this protein can be activated upon binding of epidermal growth factor receptors which are capable of protein kinase activity and activating cell signalling pathways for cellular proliferation, differentiation and development.
There is also evidence to suggest that human TGF alpha can stimulate the proliferation of neural cell in the adult injured brain. This protein is able to act either as a soluble ligand or a transmembrane-bound ligand and it has associated with a number of different types of cancers, it can also promote angiogenesis and is involved in tumerogenesis. The 50-amino acid TGF alpha is believed to be the bioactive molecule that is produced and secreted by many tumor cell lines.
TGF ALPHA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti TGF alpha antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human transforming growth factor alpha (TGF-alpha).
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled TGF Alpha Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of transforming growth factor alpha (TGF-alpha, TGF-a, TGF-α) using current human TGF alpha ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.6 – 1000.0 pg/ml.
– Transforming Growth Factor Alpha (TGF Alpha): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for TGF alpha, no cross reactivity or interference between TGF-alpha and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Serum levels of HGF, IL-6, and TGF-α after benign liver tumor resection. Adv Med Sci. (2015) 60 (1): 173-7. Kornasiewicz O., et al.
- Roles of transforming growth factor-alpha in mammary development and disease. Growth Factors. (2007) 25 (4): 227-35. Review. Booth B.W. and Smith G.H.
- Tumour necrosis factor-α stimulates human neutrophils to release preformed activin A. Immunol Cell Biol. (2011) 89 (8): 889-96. Chen Y., et al.
- Basic actions of transforming growth factor-alpha and related peptides. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. (1995) 7 (10): 923-7. Review. Coffey R.J., et al.
- Transforming growth factor alpha. Cell Biol Int. (1995) 19 (5): 373-88. Review. Kumar V., Bustin S.A. and McKay I.A.
- Full Name: TGF Alpha ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml