- Created on the 22 August, 2017.
Toxoplasma gondii is responsible for causing toxoplasmosis and is an oligate intracellular, parasitic alveolate. The lifecycle of T. gondii can be essentially divided into two components: a sexual component (only found in cats) and an asexual component (found in all warm-blooded animals which includes humans, birds and cat). T. gondii infection initially can lead to the stimulation of IFN-γ and IL-2 via the innate immune system. It is also vital to have continuous production of IFN-γ in order to control both the acute and chronic infection by T. gondii. There are some evidence to indicate that personality or subtle behavioural changes can occur in infected humans and this infection has also recently been linked with a number of neurological disorders (such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia). The diagnosis of toxoplasmosis is usually made through serologic methods by measuring immunoglobulin antibodies (for example toxoplasma–specific IgG, IgM or IgA) within several weeks of infection.
Human toxoplasma-IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies to toxoplasma gondii in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.75 IU/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human toxoplasma gondii IgG using this human toxoplasma-IgG ELISA kit was 0.75 IU/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0 – 250 IU/ml.
- Comparison of four commercially available avidity tests for Toxoplasma gondii-specific IgG antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2013) 20 (2): 197-204. Villard O., et al.
- Analytical validation of anti-toxoplasma IgG immunoassays. Braz J Infect Dis. (2012) 16 (6): 574-6. Souza G.F., et al.
- Toxoplasma gondii seropositivity is negatively associated with multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. (2015) 285: 119-24. Stascheit F., et al.
- A novel chemiluminescent immunoassay for detection of Toxoplasma gondii IgG in human sera. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2016) 85 (4): 422-5. Holec-Gąsior L., et al.
- Full Name: Toxoplasma IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.75 IU/ml