- Created on the 25 September, 2017.
Human toxocara canis IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG antibodies against toxocara canis using human serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of > 98.0%.
Toxocara canis (also called dog roundworm) is a worldwide helminth parasite of dogs and many other canids animals. Also, it is possible for them to infest human where it is an intermediate host and in some causes it can result in many different syndromes. T. canis are gonochoristic adult worms which are yellow-white in colour, approx. 9-18 cm and usually tend to be found in the intestine of the infected host. In cases where toxocara eggs are ingested, migrate to the bowel where they are able to hatch in order to become larvae. The majority of cases display no symptoms and the larvae does not develop any further and eventually die (since humans are not the host species). Some of the symptoms include fever, stomach pain and cough, treatment is rarely needed for these cases. Very rarely the larvae is able to travel out of the guts into the lungs, brain, liver and eyes. This is a much more serious case and symptoms such as weight loss, tiredness, inflamed/painful eye, cloudy/blurred vision, breathing difficulty, rashes and seizures can be experienced. This can be treated with anthelmintics in order to kill the larvae and the chances of full recovery are very high.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to toxocara canis using current human toxocara canis IgG ELISA kit was greater than 98.0%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- Seroprevalence of IgG anti-Toxocara canis antibodies and anti-Fasciola sp. antibodies in patients with urticaria. Clin Ter. (2013) 164 (4): 315-7. Dal T., et al.
- Correlation between asthma and Toxocara canis infection. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. (2012) 116 (3): 727-30. Cobzaru R.G., et al.
- Application of Toxocara canis excretory-secretory antigens and IgG subclass antibodies (IgG1-4) in serodiagnostic assays of human toxocariasis. Acta Trop. (2008) 106 (2): 90-5. Watthanakulpanich D., et al.
- The use of polysiloxane/polyvinyl alcohol beads as solid phase in IgG anti-Toxocara canis detection using a recombinant antigen. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. (2003) 98 (3): 391-3. Coêlho Rde A., et al.
- Full Name: Toxocara Canis IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: > 98.0%