Human total estriol ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring total estriol in human serum or plasma samples. This total estriol ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.05 ng/ml.
Estriol (E3 or oestriol) is a female sex steroid hormone and is member of the naturally occurring estrogens which also include estrone and estradiol. It is a major estrogen that is produced by the human fetus and estriol is also exclusively produced during pregnancy. The production of estriol by Fetal-placenta results in a progressive elevation in maternal circulating levels which reaches a late-gestational peak that can be over many orders of magnitude greater than non-pregnant concentrations. DHEA is also produced by the adrenal cortex of the fetus and this can be converted to estriol by the placenta. If the levels are abnormally low in a pregnant woman, this may indicate a problem with the development in the child.
The following total estriol ELISA kit is suitable for many diagnostic applications. In non-pregnant individuals estriol is known to be derived almost exclusively from 17 β-Estradiol and it exists in the biological matrix has either a conjugated form (approx. 92%) or as a free hormone (approx. 8%). The process of conjugation helps steroid solubility and allows rapid elimination through the kidney, conjugation occurs in the liver with glucuronic or sulphuric acid of estriol. Levels of estriol in non-pregnant women have been found to not change following menopause where these levels are not significantly different from those found in men.
TOTAL ESTRIOL ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Coated Microplate (1 breakable microplate): Contains anti human estriol antigen adsorbed on microplate.
- Standards 0-4: Concentration 0-200 ng/ml, made from human estriol.
- Controls 1 and Control 2: Containing anti human estriol.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti human estriol antibody conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP).
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution: Sulphuric acid.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated)
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of estriol (total) using this human total estriol ELISA kit was approximately 0.05 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.0 – 200.0 ng/ml.
- Clinical use of plasma total estriol measurements in late pregnancy. J Reprod Med. (1979) 23 (4): 179-84. Hagerman D.D.
- Cardioprotection by estrogens: mechanisms of action–the lipids. Int J Fertil Menopausal Stud. (1994) 39 Suppl 1: 43-9. Review. Samsioe G.
- Total urine oestriol by a modification of a commercial plasma oestriol kit. Ann Clin Biochem. (1978) 15 (6): 338-9. Seddon R.M. and Attwood E.C.
- Comparison of total urinary oestrogens and total serum oestriol in pregnancy. Clin Chim Acta. (1978) 86 (3): 357-67. Wolfrum R.
- Full Name: Total Estriol ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml