- Created on the 15 February, 2017.
Human total estriol ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring total estriol in human serum or plasma samples. This total estriol ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.05 ng/ml.
Estriol (E3 or oestriol) is a female sex steroid hormone and is member of the naturally occurring estrogens which also include estrone and estradiol. It is a major estrogen that is produced by the human fetus and estriol is also exclusively produced during pregnancy. The production of estriol by Fetal-placenta results in a progressive elevation in maternal circulating levels which reaches a late-gestational peak that can be over many orders of magnitude greater than non-pregnant concentrations. DHEA is also produced by the adrenal cortex of the fetus and this can be converted to estriol by the placenta. If the levels are abnormally low in a pregnant woman, this may indicate a problem with the development in the child.
In non-pregnant individuals estriol is known to be derived almost exclusively from 17 β-Estradiol and it exists in the biological matrix has either a conjugated form (approx. 92%) or as a free hormone (approx. 8%). The process of conjugation helps steroid solubility and allows rapid elimination through the kidney, conjugation occurs in the liver with glucuronic or sulphuric acid of estriol. Levels of estriol in non-pregnant women have been found to not change following menopause where these levels are not significantly different from those found in men. Total estriol ELISA kit is suitable for many diagnostic applications.
Reagents which are supplied with the total estriol ELISA kit, please following instructions for storage conditions.
1. Microtiter Plate: monoclonal anti-Estriol antibody coated.
2. Total Estriol Controls (1 + 2).
3. Total Estriol Standards S0 – S4 (5 vials)
4. Estriol conjugated with HRP.
5. TMB Substrate Solution.
6. Stop Solution.
7. Wash Solution (40X).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of total estriol using this human total estriol ELISA kit was approximately 0.05 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 2.0 – 200.0 ng/ml.
- Clinical use of plasma total estriol measurements in late pregnancy. J Reprod Med. (1979) 23 (4): 179-84. Hagerman D.D.
- Cardioprotection by estrogens: mechanisms of action–the lipids. Int J Fertil Menopausal Stud. (1994) 39 Suppl 1: 43-9. Review. Samsioe G.
- Total urine oestriol by a modification of a commercial plasma oestriol kit. Ann Clin Biochem. (1978) 15 (6): 338-9. Seddon R.M. and Attwood E.C.
- Comparison of total urinary oestrogens and total serum oestriol in pregnancy. Clin Chim Acta. (1978) 86 (3): 357-67. Wolfrum R.
- Full Name: Total Estriol ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml