Human thyroid peroxidase antibody ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring human TPO-Ab (thyroid peroxidase antibody, TPO antibody) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a detection sensitivity limit of 5 IU/ml.
Thyroid peroxidase (TPO) is a membrane-bound hemoprotein which has a molecular weight of nearly 100 kDa. It is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis because this microsomal antigen is an integral membrane protein of the microsomes. Persisting inhibition of TPO activity by specific autoantibodies (Anti TPO-Ab) has been found to cause a decrease in the synthesis of thyroid hormones and thus lead to hypothyroidism. Also, high autoantibodies titers to TPO are frequently discovered in patients that have myxedema (atrophic thyroiditis), Hashimoto’s disease (goitrous thyroiditis) and Graves’ disease.
The following human TPO-Ab ELISA kit is ideal for analysing various types of diagnostic applications. They may be predictive in asymptomatic individuals who are diagnosed for hypothyroidism. Especially at the end of pregnancy, where the determination of thyroid peroxidase antibody can be a helpful diagnostic tool to diagnose the early onset of post-partum hypothyroidism.
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
1. Divisible Microplate: Wells coated with purified human thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO-Ab).
2. Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-3000 IU/ml, made up from human thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO-Ab).
3. Control Positive and Control Negative: Contains human thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO-Ab).
4. Sample Buffer..
5. Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti human IgG antibody conjugated to HRP labelled.
6. Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
7. Stop Solution: Contains acid.
8. Wash Buffer (50x Concentarted).
9. Instruction for Use.
10. Certificate of Analysis
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO-Ab, TPO antibody) using current human TPO-Ab ELISA kit was approximately 5 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is between 33 – 3,000 IU/ml.
- Anti thyroid peroxidase antibody in patients with autoimmune thyroid disease: possible identity with antimicrosomal antibody. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 61 (1985) 1001-1003. Portmann, L., et al.
- Thyroid peroxidase is the organ-specific “microsomal” antigen involved in thyroid autoimmunity. Acta Endocrinol (Copenhagen) 281 (1987) 49-55. Ruf, J., et al.
- Thyroperoxidase, an auto-antigen with a mosaic structure made of nuclear and mitochondrial gene modules. EMBO J 6 (1987) 4193-4196. Libert, F., et al.
- Antithyroid peroxidase autoantibodies in thyroid disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 71 (1990) 661-669. Mariotti, S., et al.
- Autoimmune thyroid disease. Autoimmunity 37-4 (2004) 337-340. Weetman, A. P.
- Full Name: Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 5 IU/ml