Human thyroglobulin antibody ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring human TG-Ab (thyroglobulin antibody, TG antibody) in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a lowest detection limit of 10 IU/ml.
Human thyroglobulin (hTG) is a water soluble glycoprotein which shares two identical subunits of 660,000 Daltons in molecular weight. The synthesis of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones is the result of oxidation iodination of tyrosine residues from the thyroglobulin molecule, this is in association with thyroid peroxidase (TPO). Small amounts of hTG are liberated into circulation together with T3 and T4, thyroglobulin is found to be transported within the cells by microsomes.
The following human TG-Ab ELISA kit is designed to be used in many diagnostic applications. There are a number of different symptoms for thyroid diseases such as: thyroid pain, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and goitre. These are all caused by the occurrence of organ specific antibodies or by immunogenic processes. Graves’ Diseases is a form an immunogenic hyperthyroidism where quite often additional antibodies occur. These are directed against eye muscle antigens and known to cause the endocrine opthalmopathy. This underlines the clinical relevance in determining the levels of these autoantibodies in the assessment of thyroid diseases. This human TG-Ab ELISA kit is intended for analysing samples of either plasma or serum.
THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Wells coated with purified anti human thyroglobulin antigen.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentration 0-9000 IU/ml, made up from human thyroglobulin.
- Control Positive and Control Negative: Containing human thyroglobulin.
- Sample Buffer (5 x Concentrated).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of anti human IgG antibodies that are conjugated to HRP labelled; PBS, BSA, detergent, preservative ProClin 0.05%.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detectable sensitivity limit of human thyroglobulin antibody (human TG-Ab, TG antibody) using current human TG-Ab ELISA kit was approximately 10 IU/ml. The range for this assay is between 100 – 9,000 IU/ml.
- Thyroglobulin, thyroperoxidase, and thyrotropin-receptor autoantibodies. In: Shoenfeld, Y., et al. (eds.): Autoantibodies (2007) 403 – 414, Elsevier, Amsterdam. Burek, C. L., et al.
- Anti-thyroid autoantibodies and aging: influence of overall health status. Frontiers Endocrinol 9 (1994) 89 – 92. Barbesino, G., et al.
- Full Name: Thyroglobulin Antibody ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 10 IU/ml