- Created on the 25 September, 2017.
Human tetanus toxoid IgG ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies against tetanus toxoid using plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.004 IU/ml.
Tetanus toxoid is often used in order to prevent tetanus (also called lockjaw), this is a fatal equine bacterial disease caused as a result of Clostridium tetani. The tetanus bacteria can be located in the intestinal tract or the feces of horses and in many other animals, including humans. The tetanus bacteria is able to enter the body via an open wound, although the tetanus infection can also occur when there is a deep puncture wound for example following a bite, burn, cut or even an ulcer, which in many cases be caused by a scratch on the skin or by a tiny prick. Immunization against tetanus is recommended for all infants/children and adults after 6-8 weeks of age, the tetanus immunization comprises of 3 or 4 injections. Tetanus affects the human nervous system and can be quite fatal if it is left untreated.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to tetanus toxoid using current human tetanus toxoid IgG ELISA kit was 0.004 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 5.0 IU/ml.
- Serum titers of IgGantibodies against tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and risk of multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. (2009) 208 (1-2): 141-2. Massa J., et al.
- Expression of surface membrane IgG on pokeweed mitogen-reactive anti-tetanus toxoid antibody-producing cells. J Clin Immunol. (1981) 1 (3): 174-80. Thiele C.J. and Stevens R.H.
- The subclasses of human IgG antibodies against tetanus toxoid. Clin Exp Immunol. (1976) 25 (1): 117-21. van der Giessen M. and Groenboer-Kempers O.
- The induction and suppression of in vitro IgGanti-tetanus toxoid antibody synthesis by human lymphocytes stimulated with tetanus toxoid in the absence of in vivo booster immunizations. J Immunol. (1985) 135 (1): 185-91. Lum L.G. and Culbertson N.J.
- IgG anti-tetanus toxoid antibody production induced by Epstein-Barr virus from B cells of human marrow transplant recipients. Cell Immunol. (1986) 101 (1): 266-73. Jin N.R. and Lum L.G.
- Full Name: Tetanus Toxoid IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.004 IU/ml