- Created on the 19 February, 2017.
Testosterone ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring testosterone in human serum and plasma. This testosterone ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.083 ng/ml.
Testosterone (also called 17beta-hydroxy-4-androstene-3-one) is the most effective natural hormone which belong to the androgens family, it is composed of a C19 steroid which contains a keto and hydroxyl groups at the three and seventeen positions respectively and it has a molecular mass of 288.47g/mol. Testosterone is one of the most vital androgen that is secreted into the blood, where in males it can be secreted by Leydig cells of the testes and in females more than half of circulating testosterone is derived from peripheral conversion of androstenedione and the remainder is from the ovary and the adrenal glands. In general, adult males have between 10-20 fold higher levels of testosterone plasma concentrations when compared to females. During circulating, the major part of testosterone known to be bound to plasma proteins such as sex hormone binding globuline (SHBG) and albumin.
The major function of testosterone is in the development of secondary male sex characteristics and its measurements can be helpful in evaluating the hypogonadal states. In men, high levels of testosterone has been linked to testicular tumors, prostate cancer, congenital adrenal hyperplasia and hypothalamic pituitary unit diseases. Whereas in women, high concentration is found in adrenal hyperplasia, adrenal tumors, ovarian tumors, polycystic ovaries and hirsutism. Low levels of testosterone is found in patients for the following diseases testicular feminization, hypopituitarism, cryptorchidism, klinefelter’s syndrome, orchidectomy, some autoimmune diseases and enzymatic defects.
The following testosterone ELISA kit is intended to determine total (unconjugated) testosterone in serum. We also have available an assay which can measure free testosterone in saliva samples, which is a non-invasive sampling procedure.
Reagents which are supplied with the testosterone ELISA kit, please following instructions for storage conditions.
1. Microtiter Plate:mouse monoclonal anti-Testosterone antibody coated.
2. Standard (Standard 0-6): 0 – 0.2 – 0.5 – 1 – 2 – 6 – 16 ng/mL.
3. Testosterone conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
4. Substrate Solution (TMB).
5. Stop Solution.
6. Wash Solution (40X).
Note: Additional Standard 0 for sample dilution is available upon request.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of testosterone using this human testosterone ELISA kit was approximately 0.083 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 0.2 – 16.0 ng/ml.
- Testosterone: a vascular hormone in health and disease. J Endocrinol. (2013) 217 (3): R47-71. Review. Kelly D.M. and Jones T.H.
- The effect of testosterone levels on mood in men: a review. Psychosomatics. (2013) 54 (6): 509-14. Review. Johnson J.M., et al.
- Testosterone Therapy and Prostate Cancer. Urol Clin North Am. (2016) 43 (2): 209-16. Review. Davidson E. and Morgentaler A.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy and the Cardiovascular System. Curr Atheroscler Rep. (2016) 18 (4): 19. Review. Naderi S.
- Full Name: Testosterone ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.083 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Estrone ELISA Kit
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) ELISA Kit
- 5alpha-Dihydrotestosterone (5alpha-DHT) ELISA Kit