Rat/mouse testosterone ELISA kit is a competitive immunoassay which is designed for detecting quantitative levels of mouse or rat testosterone in plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.066 ng/ml.
Testosterone (17beta-hydroxy-4-androstene-3-one) belongs to the androgen family, which is composed of a C19 steroid containing keto and hydroxyl groups and it is one of the most effective natural hormones. It is synthesised in the Leydig cells that can be found in the testes in males, the ovaries in females and in the adrenal glands for both sexes. The biosynthesis of testosterones has been found to coincide with the spermatogenesis and fetal Leydig cell differentiation in the male rat, also the capacity of Leydig cells to produce and secrete testosterone is far higher in young when compared to older rats. Testosterone is also known to be secreted during late gestational and neonatal periods which can cause significant level of brain sexual dimorphism in rats. It can exert a number of varying influencing over sexual behaviour, cardiovascular health, overall energy, bone integrity, muscle strength and mass. The primary role of testosterone is in developing secondary male sex characteristics and it can be also be useful in evaluating the hypogonadal states. High levels of testosterone in males has been associated with congenital adrenal hyperplasia, hypothalamic pituitary unit diseases, prostate cancer and testicular tumors. Whereas in females, high concentration are linked to polycystic ovaries, ovarian tumors, hirsutism, adrenal tumors and adrenal hyperplasia.
RAT/MOUSE TESTOSTERONE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Strips: Coated monoclonal anti-testosterone antibody.
- Calibrator O.
- Calibrator 1-5: Concentrations 0.1, 0.4, 1.5, 6.0, 25.0 ng/ml.
- Incubation Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Buffer.
- Wash Buffer (10x Concentration).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of mouse and rat testosterone using current rat/mouse testosterone ELISA kit was approximately 0.066 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 25.0 ng/ml.
– Mouse, Rat Testosterone: ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.066ng/ml
– Intra Assay: 6.50 – 11.07%
– Inter Assay: 9.3 – 11.3%
– Recovery: 85 – 110%
– Drug Interferences: No substances are known to influence measurement. However, haemolysed and lipemic samples can lead to false results.
- Differential effects of nonylphenol on testosterone secretion in rat Leydig cells. Toxicology. (2010) 268 (1-2): 1-7. Wu J.J., et al.
- The effects of chronic administration of testosterone propionate with or without estradiol on the sexual behavior and plasma steroid levels of aged female rats. Endocrinology. (2012) 153 (12): 5928-39. Jones S.L., et al.
- Enzyme immunoassay of 17 beta-estradiol, estrone conjugates, and testosterone in urinary and fecal samples from male and female mice. Horm Metab Res. (2001) 33 (11): 653-8. Muir C., et al.
- The anxiolytic effect of testosterone in the rat is mediated via the androgen receptor. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. (2012) 102 (2): 191-5. Hodosy J., et al.
- Full Name: Testosterone ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse, Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.066 ng/ml