- Created on the 22 September, 2017.
Human TBEV IgM ELISA kit can be used for determining in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies against Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV IgM)(FSME) virus in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.37 U/ml.
Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV) is a pathogen which can be inactivated by ether or sodium desoxycholate and it is a single stranded RNA. It belongs the genus Flavivirus, other family member are Alkhurma virus, Kyasanur forest disease virus, Louping ill virus and Omsk hemorrhagic fever virus. The standard incubation period for a TBE infection can be between 7-14 days and it is found most frequently in rural areas during the summer months. The virus is able to replicate within the cytoplasma of the cells which it infects. The diagnosis of a fresh infection is usually carried out in the laboratory by analysing the levels of specific IgM antibodies, the measurement of IgG levels can be useful to follow the course of the infection or to measure the immune status after active vaccination protection.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Tick-borne encephalitis virus (TBEV-IgM) using current human TBEV IgM ELISA kit was 1.37 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 1,000.0 U/ml.
- Serological diagnosis of acute tick-borne encephalitis by demonstration of antibodies of the IgM class. J Med Virol. (1981) 7 (1): 41-50. Roggendorf M., et al.
- Test based on subtype-specific μ-capture IgM immunoassay can distinguish between infections of European and Siberian subtypes of tick-borne encephalitis virus. J Clin Virol. (2015) 73: 81-83. Levanov L., et al.
- Vaccine failures after active immunisation against tick-borne encephalitis. Vaccine. (2010) 28 (16): 2827-31. Andersson C.R., et al.
- Tick-borne viruses: a review from the perspective of therapeutic approaches. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. (2014) 5 (5): 457-65. Review. Lani R., et al.
- Full Name: TBEV IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.37 U/ml