- Created on the 22 September, 2017.
Taenia solium (also called pork tapeworm) is an intestinal infection caused by adult tapeworms following the consumption of contaminated pork. This infection can be acquired either from uncooked pork which consists of larval cysts or from human feces containing taenia solium eggs. The name given to this type of infection is taeniasis and if eggs are ingested then this can cause cysticercosis disease. The adult taenia solium flat body is made up of segments that are referred to as proglottids. Endoscopic examination can be used for diagnosing taeniasis and this is usually treated by endoscopic removal or with niclosamide, whereas diagnosing cysticercosis is only possible using X-rays or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scans.
Human taenia solium-IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG class of antibodies to taenia solium using plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 93.8%.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of taenia solium IgG using this human taenia solium-IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 93.8%. The dynamic assay range for this kit is to a specific cut-off point.
- Purification and characterization of a metacestode cysteine proteinase from Taenia solium involved in the breakdown of human IgG. Parasitology. (2005) 131 (Pt 3): 411-6. Baig S., et al.
- Identification and quantification of host proteins in the vesicular fluid of porcine Taenia solium cysticerci. Exp Parasitol. (2014) 143: 11-7. Navarrete-Perea J., et al.
- ELISA and western blotting tests in the detection of IgG antibodies to Taenia solium metacestodes in serum samples in human neurocysticercosis. Trop Med Int Health. (2000) 5 (6): 443-9. Shiguekawa K.Y., et al.
- The highly antigenic 53/25 kDa Taenia solium protein fraction with cathepsin-L like activity is present in the oncosphere/cysticercus and induces non-protective IgG antibodies in pigs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (2012) 145 (1-2): 171-8. Zimic M., et al.
- Anti-Taenia solium larval stage Ig G antibodies in patients with epileptic seizures. Trop Parasitol. (2011) 1 (1): 20-5. Parija S.C. and Raman G.A.
- Full Name: Taenia Solium IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 93.8%