Human survivin ELISA kit is intended for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of survivin (Surv) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Survivin (Surv) can be also known as baculoviral inhibitor of apoptosis repeat-containing 5 (BIRC5) is a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) family. The survivin protein has vital roles in inhibiting caspase activation which can lead to the negative regulation of programmed cell death and apoptosis. Evidence to back this has shown a disruption of the survivin induction pathways which leads to increasing apoptosis and decreasing in tumour growth.
It is often regarded as an oncogene as its aberrant overexpression can be found in most cancer cells which can contribute to their resistance to chemotherapeutic therapies and apoptotic stimuli, thereby contributing to their ongoing survival. It has also been implicated in both prevention of cell death and the control of mitosis.
Survivin is prominently known to be highly expressed in in most human tumours (lung, pancreas, breast, colon and prostate) and fetal tissues, but it is however, completely absent in terminally differentiated cells. These observation has led to suggestions that survivin might provide a new target for cancer therapy which will have the ability to discriminate between normal and transformed cells. The molecular mechanisms of survivin regulation are still poorly understood, but there are lots of evidence to indicate that the regulation of survivin seems to be associated to the p53 protein.
SURVIVIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti Surv antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human survivin.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Surv Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of survivin (Surv) using this human survivin ELISA kit was 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2,000 pg/ml.
– Survivin (Surv): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for Surv, no cross reactivity or interference between Surv and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 91%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Survivin: A molecular biomarker in cancer. Indian J Med Res. (2015) 141 (4): 389-97. Review. Jaiswal P.K., et al.
- Role of the apoptotic and mitotic regulator survivin in melanoma. Anticancer Res. (2012) 32 (2): 397-404. Review. McKenzie J.A. and Grossman D.
- The twisted survivin connection to angiogenesis. Mol Cancer. (2015) 14: 198. Review. Sanhueza C., et al.
- Survivin – The inconvenient IAP. Semin Cell Dev Biol. (2015) 39: 91-6. Review. Altieri D.C.
- Monitoring survivin expression in cancer: implications for prognosis and therapy. Mol Diagn Ther. (2013) 17 (6): 331-42. Review. Santa Cruz Guindalini R., et al.
- Treat cancers by targeting survivin: just a dream or future reality? Cancer Treat Rev. (2013) 39 (7): 802-11. Review. Coumar M.S., et al.
- Full Name: Survivin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS