- Created on the 29 March, 2017.
Human survivin ELISA kit is intended for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of survivin in human plasma, serum and cell culture supernatant samples. This survivin ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 2.0 pg/ml.
Survivin can be also known as baculoviral inhibitor of apoptosis repeat-containing 5 (BIRC5) is a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) family. The survivin protein has vital roles in inhibiting caspase activation which can lead to the negative regulation of programmed cell death and apoptosis. Evidence to back this has shown a disruption of the survivin induction pathways which leads to increasing apoptosis and decreasing in tumour growth. It is often regarded as an oncogene as its aberrant overexpression can be found in most cancer cells which can contribute to their resistance to chemotherapeutic therapies and apoptotic stimuli, thereby contributing to their ongoing survival. It has also been implicated in both prevention of cell death and the control of mitosis.
Survivin is prominently known to be highly expressed in in most human tumours (lung, pancreas, breast, colon and prostate) and fetal tissues, but it is however, completely absent in terminally differentiated cells. These observation has led to suggestions that survivin might provide a new target for cancer therapy which will have the ability to discriminate between normal and transformed cells. The molecular mechanisms of survivin regulation are still poorly understood, but there are lots of evidence to indicate that the regulation of survivin seems to be associated to the p53 protein. The standard product used in the following survivin ELISA kit is a recombinant human survivin with the molecular mass of 34 KDa.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of survivin using this human survivin ELISA kit was 2.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 62.5 – 4,000 pg/ml.
- Survivin: A molecular biomarker in cancer. Indian J Med Res. (2015) 141 (4): 389-97. Review. Jaiswal P.K., et al.
- Role of the apoptotic and mitotic regulator survivin in melanoma. Anticancer Res. (2012) 32 (2): 397-404. Review. McKenzie J.A. and Grossman D.
- The twisted survivin connection to angiogenesis. Mol Cancer. (2015) 14: 198. Review. Sanhueza C., et al.
- Survivin – The inconvenient IAP. Semin Cell Dev Biol. (2015) 39: 91-6. Review. Altieri D.C.
- Monitoring survivin expression in cancer: implications for prognosis and therapy. Mol Diagn Ther. (2013) 17 (6): 331-42. Review. Santa Cruz Guindalini R., et al.
- Treat cancers by targeting survivin: just a dream or future reality? Cancer Treat Rev. (2013) 39 (7): 802-11. Review. Coumar M.S., et al.
- Full Name: Survivin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: < 2.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Tumor Protein 53 (P53) ELISA Kit
- Retinol Binding Protein 4 (RBP4) ELISA Kit
- Myeloperoxidase (MPO) ELISA Kit