- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Sjögren syndrome type B antigen (SS-B/La) are made up of 48-kD protein that is combined to RNA species and it is an extractable nuclear antigen (ENA). SS-B/La represent 1 of 4 autoantigens which includes SS-A/Ro, Sm and RNP. Antibodies to ENAs are frequently found in patients with Sjogren’s syndrome, systemic rheumatic diseases, dermatomyositis/polymyositis, MCTD and systemic sclerosis. SS-B/La antibodies are predominately discovered in patients with Sjogren’s syndrome (approx. 60%) or lupus erythematosus (LE)(approx. 15%) and also the SS-B/La antibodies are infrequently found in the absence of SS-A/Ro antibodies.
Human SS-B ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to Sjögren syndrome type B (SS-B, SS-B/La, anti-SSB) in human plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Sjögren syndrome type B (anti-SSB, SSB, SS-B/La) IgG autoantibodies using this human SS-B ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Antibodies against SS-B/La and SS-A/Ro antigens in patients with primary Sjögren’s syndrome. Scand J Rheumatol Suppl. (1986) 61: 93-7. Hansen B. and Manthorpe R.
- Estimation of amounts of anti-La(SS-B) antibody directed against immunodominant epitopes of the La(SS-B) autoantigen. Clin Exp Immunol. (1991) 85 (3): 402-6. Gordon T.P., et al.
- SS-B/La antigen purification, and ELISA detection of anti-SS-B/La antibodies in sera from patients with inflammatory connective tissue diseases. Allergy. (1988) 43 (8): 577-85. Hansen B., et al.
- Autoepitopes reactive with anti-SS-B/La. J Autoimmun. (1989) 2 (4): 345-51. Whittingham S., et al.
- Full Name: SS-B Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml