- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Human SS-A ELISA kit is a method intended for in-vitro quantitative detection of IgG auto-antibodies to Sjögren syndrome type A (SS-A, anti-SSA) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Sjögren syndrome type A antigen (SS-A) are autoantibodies that are regarded as antinuclear antibody (ANA) which essentially targeting the nucleic acids in the cell cytoplasm rather than the cell nucleus. This is in contrast to standard ANAs which tend to target nucleic acids in the cell nucleus, for this reason individuals having ANA-negative systemic lupus are found to frequently have SS-A antibodies. SS-A antibodies are vital diagnostic markers which can be used to diagnose many autoimmune diseases for example SLE, PSS and polymyositis. Clinical studies have also indicated that over 70 percent patients with SS-A antibodies also display rheumatoid factor (RF). This is an autoantibody that can target immunoglobulin G, which is present in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Sjogren’s syndrome scleroderma and polymyositis. The following SS-A ELISA kit is ideal for various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of Sjögren syndrome type A (anti-SSA, SSA-A) IgG auto-antibodies using current human SS-A ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- A comprehensive review of autoantibodies in primary Sjögren’s syndrome: clinical phenotypes and regulatory mechanisms. J Autoimmun. (2014) 51: 67-74. Review. Kyriakidis N.C., et al.
- Biologic treatment in Sjögren’s syndrome. Rheumatology (Oxford). (2015) 54 (2): 219-30. Review. Sada P.R., et al.
- Clinical characteristics of RA patients with secondary SS and association with joint damage. Rheumatology (Oxford). (2015) 54 (5): 816-20. Brown L.E., et al.
- SS-A (Ro) antibody in random mother-infant pairs. J Clin Pathol. (1985) 38 (1): 73-5. Calmes M. and Bartholomew B.A.
- Anti-Ro(SSA) antibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis–a possible marker for gold induced side effects. J Rheumatol. (1994) 21 (6): 1040-2. Tishler M., et al.
- Full Name: SS-A Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml