- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Human SS-A 60 ELISA kit can be used for detecting in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 60 (SS-A 60, anti-SS-A 60, anti-Ro 60) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Sjögren syndrome type A antigen (SS-A) is an extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) that is composed of 52 kD and 60 kD protein antigens which are combined with cytoplasmic RNA species. SS-A 60 is a major component of the cytoplasmic ribonucleoprotein complex I humans and it is found the both SS-A 60 and SS-A-52 proteins have the ability to bind smaller RNAs and ribonucleoprotein particles that can be present in the nucleus or the cytoplasm. Autoantibodies against SS-A 60 are mainly found in patients with lupus erythematosus and Sjögren’s syndrome, these autoantibodies also predominately appear in conjunction with SS-A 52 and SS-B antibodies. The following SS-A 60 ELISA kit is particularly helpful in the differential diagnosis and monitoring of systemic rheumatic inflammatory autoimmune diseases.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 60 (anti-SS-A 60, SS-A 60, anti-Ro 60) IgG autoantibodies using this human SS-A 60 ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Ro(SS-A) and anti-Ro(SS-A): an update. Rev Rhum Engl Ed. (1998) 65 (1): 45-57. Review. Sibilia J.
- Laboratory evaluation of patients with Sjögren’s syndrome. Clin Biochem. (1992) 25 (3): 213-22. Review. Fox R.I., et al.
- Neonatal lupus syndromes. Curr Opin Rheumatol. (1994) 6 (5): 523-9. Review. Buyon J.P.
- Anti-Ro/SS-A and anti-La/SS-B antibodies associated with cardiac involvement in childhood systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. (1997) 56 (4): 272-4. Oshiro A.C., et al.
- Anti-Ro/SSA and La/SSB antibodies. Autoimmunity. (2005) 38 (1): 55-63. Review. Franceschini F. and Cavazzana I.
- Full Name: SS-A 60 Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml