- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Human SS-A 52 ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgG autoantibodies to Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 52 (SS-A 52, anti-SS-A 52) in human plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Sjögren syndrome type A antigen (SS-A) is made up of a 52 kD and 60 kD protein antigens that are joined to the cytoplasmic RNA species. Anti-SS-A 52 can be found in patients having Sjögren’s syndrome, SLE and is some instances other autoimmune disorders. These are however, specifically associated to tRNA synthetases such as PL-7, PL-12, Jo-1, OJ and EJ. Many publication have also identified that approx. 10-50% of myositis is positive with SSA52 antibody. The following SS-A 52 ELISA kit can be use for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of Sjögren syndrome type A antigen 52 (anti-SS-A 52, SS-A 52) IgG auto-antibodies using current human SS-A 52 ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Clinical and laboratory aspects of Ro/SSA-52 autoantibodies. Autoimmun Rev. (2011) 10 (3): 150-4. Defendenti C., et al.
- A 52-kD protein is a novel component of the SS-A/Ro antigenic particle. J Exp Med. (1988) 167 (5): 1560-71. Ben-Chetrit E., et al.
- New developments in Sjögren’s syndrome. Curr Opin Rheumatol. (1991) 3 (5): 815-22. Review. Moutsopoulos H.M. and Youinou P.
- The 52-kd protein as a target of intermolecular spreading of the immune response to components of the SS-A/Ro-SS-B/La complex. Arthritis Rheum. (1997) 40 (5): 936-44. Tseng C.E., et al.
- Differential recognition of the 52-kd Ro(SS-A) antigen by sera from patients with primary biliary cirrhosis and primary Sjögren’s syndrome. Hepatology. (1996) 24 (6): 1404-7. Dörner T., et al.
- Full Name: SS-A 52 Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml