- Created on the 2 May, 2017.
Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1 or CD106) is a 90-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein which is made of six or seven immunoglobulin domains. One of its main roles is to mediate the adhesion process of the immune cells to vascular endothelium cells during inflammation. VCAM-1 protein is important for mediating adhesion of the following cells vascular endothelium, lymphocytes, eosinophils and basophils. Some other functions which it can also carry out include facilitating the development of atherosclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis and promoting signal transduction of leukocyte-endothelial cells. A soluble form VCAM-1 (sVCAM-1) can promote monocyte chemotaxis.
Soluble forms of VCAM-1 (sVCAM-1) are likely products that can be derived from a number of different sources such as enzymatic cleavage from tumor, endothelial and leukocyte cell surfaces. Also, elevated serum levels of sVCAM-1 have been recently linked with disease progression in patients with leukemia, colorectal, renal, gastric prostate, bladder and ovarian cancers. The sVCAM-1 functions as a competitive inhibitor and also a chemoattractant via the interaction with alpha4 integrins.
Human sVCAM-1 ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106, sVCAM-1) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, biological fluids, cell lysates and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.05 ng/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of sVCAM-1 or CD106 using this human sVCAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.05 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.1 – 30 ng/ml.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pediatric rheumatic diseases. J Rheumatol. (2002) 29 (4): 832-6. Bloom B.J., et al.
- Circulating serum sVCAM-1 concentration in advanced ovarian cancer patients: correlation with concentration in ascites. Radiol Oncol. (2014) 48 (3): 307-13. Jakimovska M., et al.
- Predictive value of sICAM-1 and sVCAM-1 as biomarkers of affective temperaments in healthy young adults. J Affect Disord. (2017) 207: 47-52. Ivković M., et al.
- Adhesion molecules and atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. (2003) 170 (2): 191-203. Review. Blankenberg S., et al.
- Cell adhesion molecules: potential therapeutic diagnostic implications. Mol Biotechnol. (2008) 38 (1): 33-40. Review. Mousa S.A.
- Full Name: Soluble Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (sVCAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml