- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Soluble (pro)renin receptor ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative protocol for measuring soluble pro-renin receptor (PRR) present in human serum, plasma, urine and cell culture supernatant samples. This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of 24.0 pg/ml.
Prorenin receptor (PRR) is a receptor protein which is found to be located between prorenin and renin. The binding of prorenin to PRR has the ability to achieve binding to angiotensinogen and gain catalytic activity as a result of converting angiotensinogen to ansiotensin I that is comparable to renin. Prorenin receptor is a single transmembrane receptor protein that is 39 kDa and there is evidence that a soluble form (29kDa) can generated by cleavage of PRR with furin. This quantitative ELISA assay is expected to provide a new tool in the clarification and a vital marker in understanding the mechanism of many diseases. It has the ability to measure human soluble (pro)renin receptor in blood and urine samples. It can also measure full length PRR too, which is particular useful when samples like lysates and tissue extracts are being used, for these instances this soluble (pro)renin receptor ELISA kit will measure total PRR.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of PRR using current soluble (pro)renin receptor ELISA kit was approximately 24.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 125.0 – 8000.0 pg/ml.
- Pivotal role of the renin/prorenin receptor in angiotensin II production and cellular responses to renin. J Clin Invest. (2002) 109 (11): 1417-27. Nguyen G., et al.
- Inhibition of diabetic nephropathy by a decoy peptide corresponding to the “handle” region for nonproteolytic activation of prorenin. J Clin Invest. (2004) 114 (8): 1128-35. Ichihara A., et al.
- Soluble form of the (pro)renin receptor generated by intracellular cleavage by furin is secreted in plasma. Hypertension. (2009) 53 (6): 1077-82. Cousin C., et al.
- Requirement of prorenin receptor and vacuolar H+-ATPase-mediated acidification for Wnt signaling. Science. (2010) 327 (5964): 459-63. Cruciat C.M., et al.
- The (pro)renin receptor/ATP6AP2 is essential for vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly in murine cardiomyocytes. Circ Res. (2010) 107 (1): 30-4. Kinouchi K., et al.
- Full Name: Soluble (Pro)Renin Receptor ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Urine, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 24.0 pg/ml