Human soluble (pro)renin receptor ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative protocol for measuring soluble (pro)renin receptor (PRR, prorenin receptor) present in human serum, plasma, urine and cell culture supernatant samples. This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of 24.0 pg/ml.
Prorenin receptor (PRR) is a receptor protein which is found to be located between prorenin and renin. The binding of prorenin to PRR has the ability to achieve binding to angiotensinogen and gain catalytic activity as a result of converting angiotensinogen to ansiotensin I that is comparable to renin. Prorenin receptor is a single transmembrane receptor protein that is 39 kDa and there is evidence that a soluble form (29kDa) can generated by cleavage of PRR with furin. The following human soluble PRR ELISA kit is expected to provide a new tool in the clarification and a vital marker in understanding the mechanism of many diseases. It has the ability to measure human soluble prorenin receptor (PRR) in blood and urine samples. It can also measure full length PRR too, which is particular useful when samples like lysates and tissue extracts are being used.
SOLUBLE (PRO)RENIN RECEPTOR ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Precoated Microplate: Wells bound with anti human prorenin receptor rabbit IgG affinity purify.
- Labelled antibody (30x Concentrated).: (30x) HRP conjugated to anti human prorenin receptor (93A1B) mouse IgG Fab’ affinity purify.
- Standards: Concentration 125.0 – 8000.0 pg/ml, made from recombinant human soluble prorenin receptor antibody.
- EIA buffer.
- Label Antibody Solution.
- TMB Chromogen Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of soluble prorenin receptor (PRR) using current human soluble (pro)renin receptor ELISA kit was approximately 24.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 125.0 – 8000.0 pg/ml.
- Pivotal role of the renin/prorenin receptor in angiotensin II production and cellular responses to renin. J Clin Invest. (2002) 109 (11): 1417-27. Nguyen G., et al.
- Inhibition of diabetic nephropathy by a decoy peptide corresponding to the “handle” region for nonproteolytic activation of prorenin. J Clin Invest. (2004) 114 (8): 1128-35. Ichihara A., et al.
- Soluble form of the (pro)renin receptor generated by intracellular cleavage by furin is secreted in plasma. Hypertension. (2009) 53 (6): 1077-82. Cousin C., et al.
- Requirement of prorenin receptor and vacuolar H+-ATPase-mediated acidification for Wnt signaling. Science. (2010) 327 (5964): 459-63. Cruciat C.M., et al.
- The (pro)renin receptor/ATP6AP2 is essential for vacuolar H+-ATPase assembly in murine cardiomyocytes. Circ Res. (2010) 107 (1): 30-4. Kinouchi K., et al.
- Full Name: Soluble (Pro)Renin Receptor ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Urine,
- Sensitivity: 24.0 pg/ml