- Created on the 2 May, 2017.
Platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM1 or CD31), is a member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily and plays important roles in removing aged neutrophils from the body. PECAM-1 is found to be widely distributed on vascular system cells which are responsible for mediating cellular interactions using either heterophilic or homophilic adhesive mechanisms. CD31 is predominately found to be located on macrophages, platelets, granulocytes, megakaryocyte, osteoclasts and lymphocytes (including B cells, B cells or NK cells). There have been lots of findings to indicate that it may be involved in angiogenesis, integrin activation and leukocyte transmigration. PECAM1 is also known to be expressed in a number of tumors, such as vascular tumors, epithelioid hemangioendothelioma, plasmacytomas, histiocytic malignancies and epithelioid sarcoma-like hemangioendothelioma.
Human sPECAM-1 ELISA kit is a method for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of soluble platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD31, sPECAM-1) in human serum, cell lysates, plasma, biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.22 ng/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of sPECAM-1 or CD31 using this human sPECAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.22 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.051 – 10 ng/ml.
- Serum sPECAM-1 and sVCAM-1 levels are associated with conversion to multiple sclerosis in patients with optic neuritis. J Neuroimmunol. (2016) 300: 11-14. Kalinowska-Łyszczarz A., et al.
- Dimer conformation of soluble PECAM-1, an endothelial marker. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2016) 77 (Pt A): 102-8. Jiang L., et al.
- PECAM-1, a key player in neuroinflammation. Eur J Neurol. (2006) 13 (12): 1284-90. Review. Kalinowska A. and Losy J.
- sPECAM-1 in serum and CSF of acute ischaemic stroke patients. Acta Neurol Scand. (2002) 106 (5): 292-8. Zaremba J. and Losy J.
- Full Name: Soluble Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (sPECAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.22 ng/ml