Human sPECAM-1 ELISA kit is a method for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of soluble platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (sPECAM1, CD31, sPECAM-1) in human serum, cell lysates, plasma, biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.22 ng/ml.
PECAM1 or CD31 is a member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily and plays important roles in removing aged neutrophils from the body. PECAM-1 is found to be widely distributed on vascular system cells which are responsible for mediating cellular interactions using either heterophilic or homophilic adhesive mechanisms. The following sPECAM-1 ELISA kit is designed for analysing various diagnostic applications. CD31 is predominately found to be located on macrophages, platelets, granulocytes, megakaryocyte, osteoclasts and lymphocytes (including B cells, B cells or NK cells). There have been lots of findings to indicate that it may be involved in angiogenesis, integrin activation and leukocyte transmigration. Soluble PECAM-1 is also known to be expressed in a number of tumors, such as vascular tumors, epithelioid hemangioendothelioma, plasmacytomas, histiocytic malignancies and epithelioid sarcoma-like hemangioendothelioma. This sPECAM-1 ELISA kit can offer minimum sensitivity levels of 0.22 ng/ml and it is ideal for human plasma, cell culture supernatant, serum, biological fluids and cell lysates samples.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of soluble platelet/endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (sPECAM-1, CD31, sPECAM1) using current human sPECAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.22 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.051 – 10 ng/ml.
- Serum sPECAM-1 and sVCAM-1 levels are associated with conversion to multiple sclerosis in patients with optic neuritis. J Neuroimmunol. (2016) 300: 11-14. Kalinowska-Łyszczarz A., et al.
- Dimer conformation of soluble PECAM-1, an endothelial marker. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2016) 77 (Pt A): 102-8. Jiang L., et al.
- PECAM-1, a key player in neuroinflammation. Eur J Neurol. (2006) 13 (12): 1284-90. Review. Kalinowska A. and Losy J.
- sPECAM-1 in serum and CSF of acute ischaemic stroke patients. Acta Neurol Scand. (2002) 106 (5): 292-8. Zaremba J. and Losy J.
- Full Name: Soluble Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (sPECAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.22 ng/ml