- Created on the 2 May, 2017.
Human sICAM-1 ELISA kit is designed for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of soluble intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD54, sICAM-1) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This sICAM-1 ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity limit of 2.61 ng/L.
Soluble intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1) mainly represents the circulating form of ICAM-1 which is usually found to be inducible or constitutively expressed on the cell surface many different cell lines. The sICAM-1 molecule has been discovered as an important marker for acute respiratory tract infection and adhesion molecules which are responsible for mediating leukocyte-endothelial interactions. Soluble ICAM-1 serum levels have also been identified to be elevated in insulin-dependent diabetis mellitus, allergic inflammation, anterior uveitis and acute renal graft rejection. Many sCAM-1 molecules represent important biomarkers for a number of inflammatory responses that are responsible for damage or activation to cells such as endothelium and platelets. Many studies have postulated an increase production of these molecules on vascular endothelium (blood vessel lining) which could play a vital role in the development of arterial plaques. sICAM-1 ELISA kit is ideal for using in many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of soluble intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 or CD54 using current human sICAM-1 ELISA kit was 2.61 ng/L. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 5.0 – 2,000 ng/L.
- A low serum sICAM-1 level may assist in the exclusion of neonatal infection. Biol Neonate. (2002) 81 (2): 105-8. Edgar D. and et al.
- Biomarkers of endothelial activation/dysfunction in infectious diseases. Virulence. (2013) 4 (6): 507-16. Review. Page A.V. and Liles W.C.
- Soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1): an overview. Eur Cytokine Netw. (2004) 15 (2): 91-8. Review. Witkowska A.M. and Borawska M.H.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pediatric rheumatic diseases. J Rheumatol. (2002) 29 (4): 832-6. Bloom B.J., et al.
- Full Name: Soluble Intercellular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (sICAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 2.61 ng/L
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS