Serotonin research ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) human tissue homogenates, dialysates and many other biological sample types. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 0.005 ng/ml.
Serotonin (also referred to as 5-hydroxytryptamine), is a biogenic amine that is formed for tryptophan metabolism and it can be metabolised to 5-HIAA by the liver. Approx. 80% serotonin that is present in humans is found in the gastrointestinal tract (GI tract) and is located on enterochromaffin cells. One of its main function here is to regulate the movement of the gut. There is also evidence that it can be synthesised by serotonergic neurons within the central nervous system.
The following serotonin research ELISA kit is ideal for analysing various diagnostic applications. It is an example of an inhibitory neurotransmitter, mainly found in the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system and the platelets. Serotonin is considered as a natural mood stabiliser and the chemical which is responsible for helping in the process of eating, digesting and sleeping. It is also found to help reduce depression, heal wounds, maintain bone health, stimulate nausea and regulate anxiety. Pharmacological antidepressants can be used in order to modulate serotonin that can be present at the synapses junction.
SEROTONIN RESEARCH ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Standards (A-F) and Controls (1+2) – Concentration 0-2.5 ng/ml.
- Acylation Plate – 1 x 96 well plate, precoated with acylation reagent.
- Stabilizer Agent.
- Dilution Concentrate (20x).
- Adhesive Foil – Adhesive Foils in a resealable pouch.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Enzyme Conjugate – Goat anti-rabbit immunoglobulins conjugated with peroxidase.
- Substrate – Chromogenic tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution – 0.25 M sulfuric acid.
- Serotonin Antiserum – Rabbit anti serotonin antibody.
- Acylation TRIS Buffer.
- Serotonin Microtiter Strips – 1 x 96 well (12×8) antigen precoated microwell plate.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine) using current human serotonin research ELISA kit was approximately 0.005 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.015 – 2.5 ng/ml.
- Serotonin regulates performance nonmonotonically in a spatial working memory network. Cereb Cortex. (2014) 24 (9): 2449-63. Cano-Colino M., et al.
- Oxidation of high doses of serotonin favors lipid accumulation in mouse and human fat cells. Mol Nutr Food Res. (2013) 57 (6): 1089-99. Grès S., et al.
- Serotonin and cancer: what is the link? Curr Mol Med. (2015) 15 (1): 62-77. Review. Sarrouilhe D., et al.
- Future directions for serotonin and antidepressants. ACS Chem Neurosci. (2013) 4 (1): 5-8. Artigas F.
- The role of serotonin in memory: interactions with neurotransmitters and downstream signaling. Exp Brain Res. (2014) 232 (3): 723-38. Review. Seyedabadi M., et al.
- Changes in markers of brain serotonin activity in response to chronic exercise in senior men. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. (2014) 39 (11): 1250-6. Melancon M.O., et al.
- Full Name: Serotonin Research ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenate, Dialysate, Other Biological Samples
- Sensitivity: 0.005 ng/ml