- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Human anti-Scl-70 ELISA kit is designed for determining in-vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG auto-antibodies to topoisomerase 1 (topo-1, Scl-70, anti-Scl-70) in human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Topoisomerase 1 (also called Scl-70) is a nucleolar and nuclear enzyme which is regarded as being specific for systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) and it can be found in over 60% of patients possessing this connective tissue disease. Scleroderma has been associated with a number of autoantibodies, each of which can be helpful in diagnosing the affected patients and in determining the prognosis. Anti-Scl-70 and anti-centromere antibodies (ACA) are particularly useful in distinguishing patients having systemic sclerosis (SSc), these antibodies are associated with more severe scleroderma disease. The following anti-Scl-70 ELISA kit is ideal for various diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of anti-topoisomerase 1 (topo-1, anti-Scl-70, Scl-70) IgG autoantibodies using current human anti-Scl-70 ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for autoantibodies against the nuclear protein Scl-70. J Immunol Methods. (1985) 80 (2): 211-9. Geisler C. and Høier-Madsen M.
- Anti-Scl-70 (topo-I) antibodies in SLE: Myth or reality? Autoimmun Rev. (2010) 9 (11): 756-60. Review. Mahler M., et al.
- Development and comparative evaluation of immunoblot assays for detecting autoantibodies to Scl 70 and Jo 1 antigens in serum. Clin Chem. (1990) 36 (12): 2053-6. Fonong T., et al.
- High titers of autoantibodies to topoisomerase I (Scl-70) in sera from scleroderma patients. Science. (1986) 231 (4739): 737-40. Shero J.H., et al.
- Scl 70 autoantibodies from scleroderma patients recognize a 95 kDa protein identified as DNA topoisomerase I. Chromosoma. (1986) 94 (2): 132-8. Guldner H.H., et al.
- Anti-scl-70. Autoimmunity. (2005) 38 (1): 65-72. Review. Basu D. and Reveille JD.
- Full Name: Scl-70 Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml