Human schistosoma mansoni IgG ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG class antibodies against schistosoma mansoni (schistosoma-IgG) using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 87%.
Schistosoma mansoni is often called blood-flukes, a human parasite which belongs to the genus of trematodes. It is a significant agent for intestinal schistosomiasis disease in humans. This is widely regarded as second only to malaria as a world health problem and is causing a considerable drain on the endemic countries. The parasite is able to burrow itself into the skin upon contacting humans, where it matures into a schistosomula and this is followed by migrating to the lungs or the liver in order to mature into the adult form. The intermediate host for this parasite is usually freshwater snail, whereas the definitive host is a human. Heavy infestation are found to lead to liver, spleen and lymph node enlargement, fever and chills.
SCHISTOSOMA MANSONI IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Schistosoma Mansoni Coated Microplate (IgG).
- Cut-off Control.
- Positive Control.
- Negative Control.
- Sample Diluent.
- Substrate Solution.
- Schistosoma Mansoni Protein A Conjugate.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to schistosoma mansoni using current human schistosoma-IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 87%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
– Schistosoma Mansoni ELISA: IgG
– Cut-Off: 10 U
– Equivocal: 9 – 11 U
– Positive: > 11 U
– Negative: < 9 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 98.55 %
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 93.75%
– Interferences: No interferences was observed with lipemic, hemolytic and icteric.
– Cross Reactivity: No evidence of false-positive results due to cross-reactions.
- Comparative analysis of the diagnostic performance of adult, cercarial and egg antigens assessed by ELISA, in the diagnosis of chronic human Schistosoma mansoni infection. Parasitol Res. (2014) 113 (9): 3467-76. Sarhan R.M., et al.
2. Dot-ELISA for the detection of IgM and IgG antibodies to Schistosoma mansoni worm and egg antigens, associated with egg excretion by patients. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. (1995) 37 (2): 109-15. Pinto P.L., et al.
- Proteolytic cleavage of IgG bound to the Fc receptor of Schistosoma mansoni schistosomula. Parasite Immunol. (1981) 3 (1): 33-44. Auriault C., et al.
- Congenital exposure to Schistosoma mansoni infection: impact on the future immune response and the disease outcome. Immunobiology. (2010) 215 (2): 101-12. Othman A.A., et al.
- Functional role of human IgG subclasses in eosinophil-mediated killing of schistosomula of Schistosoma mansoni. J Immunol. (1989) 142 (12): 4422-7. Khalife J., et al.
- Full Name: Schistosoma Mansoni IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 87%
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Ascaris Lumbricoides-IgG ELISA Kit
- Leishmania Infantum-IgG ELISA Kit
- Giardia Lamblia ELISA Kit