- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Autoantibodies directed against ribonucleoprotein 70 (RNP-70) have been important diagnostic markers for the serological detection of Sharp syndrome (MCTD – Mixed Connective Tissue Disease), it is essentially a 70kDa protein which is part of the U1-snRNP complex. The sensitivity of this marker is 100%, meaning that MCTD can be completely ruled out if RNP-70 autoantibodies are absent. However, some patients with SLE and systemic sclerosis are also found to test positive for anti-RNP. In general, patients only displaying antinuclear antibodies against the RNP-70 protein tend to have the classical MCTD, whereas, other SLE-typical autoantibodies (for example anti-Sm, dsDNA and anti-histone) are found this indicates transition into SLE. Anti-RNP are antinuclear antibodies which belong to the extractable nuclear antigen antibodies (ENA) subset and these are directed against the U1-ribonucleoprotein of the ribonucleoprotein multi-enzyme complex.
Human RNP-70 ELISA kit is intended for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to ribonucleoprotein 70 (RNP-70) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human ribonucleoprotein 70 IgG autoantibodies using this human RNP-70 ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Autoantibody recognition of distinctly modified forms of the U1-70-kd antigen is associated with different clinical disease manifestations. Arthritis Rheum. (2000) 43 (4): 881-8. Greidinger E.L., et al.
- Identification of human Sm and (U1) RNP antigens by immunoblotting. J Immunol Methods. (1983) 64 (1-2): 45-59. Guldner H.H., et al.
- Human autoantibodies against the 70-kd polypeptide of U1 small nuclear RNP are associated with HLA-DR4 among connective tissue disease patients. Arthritis Rheum. (1990) 33 (5): 666-73. Hoffman R.W., et al.
- Anti-Sm and anti-RNP antibodies. Autoimmunity. (2005) 38 (1): 47-54. Review. Migliorini P., et al.
- T cell vaccination therapy in an induced model of anti-RNP autoimmune glomerulonephritis. Clin Immunol. (2010) 137 (2): 281-7. Trivedi S., et al.
- Full Name: RNP 70 Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml