- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Rheumatoid factor (RF) can be found as a number of different isotypes for example IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG and IgM, however it is predominately as the IgM isotype. RF is an autoantibody which is identified as being against the Fc portion of IgG, it is produced by the immune system and can attack healthy tissues. Rheumatoid factors are very important diagnostic tool for the evaluating individuals that many be a suspect for arthritis (in particular rheumatoid arthritis). RF is also present in many other diseases such as connective tissue diseases (Sjögren’s syndrome or systemic lupus erythematosus), infectious diseases (tuberculosis, syphilis and hepatitis), sarcoidosis and liver disease.
Human rheumatoid factor ELISA kit is intended for screening in-vitro quantitative levels of IgM, IgA and IgG rheumatoid factor (RF) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human rheumatoid factor IgM, IgG, IgA (RF-IgM/IgG/IgA) using this human rheumatoid factor ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.0 – 500.0 U/ml.
- [Measurement and comparison of the rheumatoid factors class IgG, IgM and IgA in chronic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis]. An Esp Pediatr. (1989) 31 (6): 554-8. Review. Spanish. Alvarez García J., et al.
- Rheumatoid factor diversity. In Vivo. (1988) 2 (1): 73-7. Review. Koopman W.J. and Schrohenloher R.E.
- Autoantibodies and other serological markers in rheumatoid arthritis: predictors of disease activity? Clin Rheumatol. (2009) 28 (10): 1127-34. Review. da Mota L.M., et al.
- Rheumatoid factors, B cells and immunoglobulin genes. Br Med Bull. (1995) 51 (2): 312-31. Review. Jefferis R.
- Regulation ofrheumatoid factorsynthesis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. (1989) 7 Suppl 3: S69-73. Review. Carson D.A., et al.
- B lymphocyte function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: impact of regulatory T lymphocytes and macrophages–modulation by antirheumatic drugs. Dan Med Bull. (1988) 35 (2): 140-57. Review. Petersen J.
- Full Name: Rheumatoid Factor Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0 U/ml