- Created on the 16 June, 2017.
Rheumatoid factor (RF) was first discovered in rheumatoid arthritis, it is mainly found as the isotype IgM but it can also be in IgA, IgD, IgE and IgG form. RF is found as an antibody directed against the Fc portion of IgG, however, there are many different RFs proteins which are able to attach to specific sections of the IgG-Fc molecule. Rheumatoid factors are useful diagnostic markers for individuals that are suspect for rheumatoid arthritis or any other related autoimmune conditions.
Human rheumatoid factor-IgM ELISA kit is designed for detecting in-vitro quantitative amounts of IgM rheumatoid factor (RF) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 IU/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human rheumatoid factor IgM (RF IgM) using this human rheumatoid factor-IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.0 – 500.0 IU/ml.
- Mesangial glomerulopathy and IgM rheumatoid factor in rheumatoid arthritis. Nephron. (1989) 51 (1): 107-11. Pollet S., et al.
- Heterogeneity of IgM/IgG cryocomplexes: immunological-clinical correlation. J Rheumatol. (1975) 2 (2): 225-40. MacKechnie H.L., et al.
- CD5 negative IGM rheumatoid factor B cells in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia and benign mixed cryoglobulinemia. Leuk Lymphoma. (1992) 7 (1-2): 55-62. Review. Martin T. and Pasquali J.L.
- [Immunological and serological tests for diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis: IgM-RF]. Nihon Rinsho. (2005) 63 Suppl 1: 318-21. Review. Japanese. Ishizuka S., et al.
- Rheumatoid factors: good or bad for you? Int Arch Allergy Immunol. (2005) 138 (2): 180-8. Review. Nowak U.M. and Newkirk M.M.
- IgM paraproteins. J Clin Pathol Suppl (Assoc Clin Pathol). (1975) 6: 54-64. Review. Hobbs J.R., et al.
- Full Name: Rheumatoid Factor IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 IU/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS